Board Member Opportunities
Looking to gain Board level experience?
Are you a professional in Social Change, Procurement, ICT, Health and Safety?
Then read on to find out more . . .
Who Are We?
Newmilns Snow and Sports Complex is a dynamic and evolving organisation dedicated to changing people’s lives. As the only UK Charity Ski Slope, we are proudly different.
Using the power of the great outdoors and a ‘sport for change’ model we develop confidence, motivation, and employment skills through snow sports. We work with children and adults, schools and youth groups delivering employability, personal development, volunteering, and training opportunities at our rural, East Ayrshire site.
The most direct benefit of our work is delivered to disadvantaged or hard to reach groups. To achieve this, we work with our community to identify the issues important to them, develop and deliver solutions to ensure everyone has access to opportunities to make the changes needed to live positive and fulfilling lives.
We also have a busy snow sports lesson schedule, offer recreational skiing and snowboarding, tubing (sledging) and children’s parties.
Our wonderful business is experiencing exciting change and growth, with an expending social impact portfolio, increasing staff team and specialisms, introduction of transformative digital solutions and a growing passion for increasing opportunities within our community.
Ready for a new challenge?
If you are looking to gain Board experience and an opportunity and to share your skills and experience to shape and drive our business strategy in pursuit of our charitable aims and to, inspire and empower our teams through this exciting growth period, this is a fabulous opportunity.
Skills & Qualifications Required
If you are professional working in Social Change, Procurement, Health and Safety or ICT, we be particularly interested and would love to hear from you.
We need you to bring your professional background, share your expertise to advise and guide the strategic direction, governance and compliance of our business. We can bring the excitement, adventure and thrill of the outdoors and an amazing team to your next opportunity!
Essentially you just need to be a great team player, enjoy working collaboratively to achieve shared goals and make a difference to the lives of other. You should be,
• A great communicator and comfortable contributing to senior level discussion.
• Inquisitive, happy to ask questions, challenge and clarify information.
• Confident to share a refreshed view on business processes.
• Have knowledge and experience of identifying and delivering solutions within your area of expertise.
• Share in our core values and ensure the strategic direction of the business is aligned with our vision, values and charitable aims.
• A background in the Charities or Social Enterprise sectors, desirable.
Why Join Us
You can expect to join a small, dedicated, volunteer team of passionate professionals who share our values and are committed to positive social change in our community.
• Shared and equal responsibility.
• Bi-Monthly online meetings.
• Some subcommittee group work as required.
• Appointment for a 2-years with opportunity for reappointment for a further 2 years.
• Develop Board and leadership experience.
• Be part of a vibrant growing business where fun under pins our lifechanging activities.
• Free slope access.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to making reasonable adjustments for candidates who may require them.
Contact Britt Campbell at email@example.com to arrange an informal chat or please submit your CV with covering letter explaining why this opportunity is of interest to you.