MISS is offering a rewarding and exciting opportunity for a volunteer Fundraising & Events Coordinator to play a key role within the MISS charity as we continue to grow and evolve. You will be responsible for developing existing supporter relationships and proactively identifying and securing new community and corporate fundraising opportunities to support the charity’s growth.
As our Fundraising & Events Coordinator, we will support and co-ordinate projects across Scotland, develop fundraising processes and provide administrative support to the Fundraising & Events Lead.
This role will provide practical administrative support both to the Fundraising & Events Lead and across internal fundraising systems and processes. There is considerable scope for progression and considerable professional development for the right candidate.
· To research and devise an innovative fundraising strategy and to spot fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of Miscarriage Services.
· To initiate, build and manage relationships with donors or companies to maximise and sustain income.
· To build, manage and develop relationships with community supporters to maximise and sustain income.
· To research, approach, and source new support from community groups (including schools, clubs, businesses, groups, and individuals) to secure funding.
· To develop and deliver compelling fundraising activities and campaigns for supporters to participate in to maximise income.
· To analyse the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and to identify areas for improvement.
· To oversee that all relevant fundraising information is recorded and documented in the charity’s electronic supporter records system in compliance with current, relevant legislation.
· To work with the Secretary/Treasurer to complete and maintain orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications.
· To undertake all activities in compliance with the Fundraising Regulator and Institute of Fundraising rules and regulations and to ensure that all records are maintained in compliance with relevant legislation.
· To assist with the charity’s social media presence.
What can we offer you?
When you join the MISS charity, you are gaining a unique opportunity to make a difference in your community and raise awareness. You will be working with a team of passionate people who really care about the mental health and wellbeing of our members, and who want to make a positive and lasting difference for local families.
Being part of such a small (but growing!) team offers the opportunity for real variety in your day-to-day work and the development of your role.