We are looking for enthusiastic people who share our values (Kind, Passionate and Creative) to join our services accommodating and supporting people experiencing homelessness and empowering them to thrive.
The support we provide is always person-centred, trauma-informed and wellbeing focused. As a Support Worker, you’ll work as part of a team in providing safe, secure, supported accommodation for the people who use our services. You’ll do this by providing practical and emotional support and encouraging them to achieve their own personal outcomes in all aspects of their daily lives.
If successful, you will be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council within 6 months of your start date. After registration, there is a requirement to be qualified and to maintain professional learning, which we will support you to achieve.
Blue Triangle recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Our service at East Kilbride focuses on emergency accommodation service for families, providing support, referrals to parents and single persons also. This post will cover some lone working. Recruitment will be more than happy to hear from you, if you have any questions about the role. You can contact recruitment at:
Could you be Key?
Being a support worker is a role where you can make every day matter. It's a job with challenges that make your heart beat faster, where you can give something of yourself and empower amazing people on their journey through life.
At key we support disabled people of all ages to make every day matter.
We are passionate about being the very best employer we can be, ensuring our staff feel well supported and valued in their roles. As well as being part of a supportive, local team you will be eligible for:
• Hourly rate of £11.00* (Induction rate £10.90) - *pay award pending.
• Sleepover hourly rate of £10.90.
• Competitive annual leave and company sick pay.
• Enhanced pay for work on targeted Public Holidays.
• Paid Membership of Disclosure Scotland’s PVG Scheme.
• Full, in-depth training for your role.
• Fully funded SVQ qualification with support provided to achieve this.
• Employee Assistance Programme offering free confidential counselling, advice and support on a wide range of issues.
• A Workplace Pension.
• Free access to occupational health support.
• Credit Union Membership.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Costco Membership.
• Blue Light Card/Blue Light Ticket registration which offer a range of discounts and savings.
• Concerts for Carers registration.
Join us and make every day matter! Support Workers and Relief Support Workers.
No experience necessary! Training and support will be given to help you achieve your full potential.
If you would like to get involved in support work but cannot commit to a contract due to other commitments, we also have opportunities for you to complement our existing workers by joining our relief register of bank support workers. This will mean you can work in a way that best suits you and fits with your life.