Scottish Adoption delivers high quality placement and adoption support services. The bulk of our services are delivered across Edinburgh and the Lothians, although we work with Local Authorities from across Scotland and other parts of the UK. We are an ambitious organisation with strong governance. In recent years we have undertaken a journey of incremental growth, combined with launching a number of adoption support initiatives including our sector leading Adoption Therapy Centre for Children.
Scottish Adoption is seeking a new Chief Executive who will be responsible for providing leadership, developing, and implementing Scottish Adoption's strategic and operational plans, partnership and being an effective advocate for the charity and the families it serves. You will lead and work with a team of 30 permanent staff and a pool of freelance staff. They will be responsible for ensuring financial control as well as supporting and advising on service delivery and maintaining good governance across all aspects of Scottish Adoption.
To be considered for the role you must meet the following criteria:
- Recognised social work qualification and registered with (or eligible to register with) the Scottish Social Services Council.
- Evidence of continuous professional development relevant to the role.
- Experience of leading people successfully through progressive development, innovation, and projects to deliver strategic development plans.
- Recognised as a highly professional and effective partner and communicator.
- Experience and proven success in leading a teams or significant projects/programmes which include budgets, people, and stakeholders.
- In depth knowledge and experience of managing Adoption and Fostering services.
For a confidential discussion contact Debbie Shields on 0141 212 7555.
To apply please upload your CV and supporting statement by CLICKING HERE.
Closing date for applications: Friday 5th November 2021