The Phoenix is a Community Hub in Dumbarton West, it was set up in 2018 by Rock Community Church. The Rock is a vibrant church community serving Dumbarton and the surrounding area. The Phoenix is designed to primarily serve the people of Dumbarton West, namely the residents of Castlehill, Westcliff, and Brucehill. The Phoenix includes a community cafe and a wide and varied activities programme including youth work, toddler provision, adult learning, intergenerational events, art classes, fitness classes, wellbeing programme and volunteer opportunities.
Purpose of role:
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Adult Learning Worker to support our activities programme working with the community, partners and the Phoenix Team.
You will help support Volunteer recruitment identifying training and learning needs putting together an annual syllabus of learning opportunities.
You will consult with our local community to identify opportunities for Dumbarton West to access opportunities to learn new skills and support the development of a users forum who will help implement the results of our consultation.
● To support Volunteer recruitment, identifying training, learning needs and creating an annual syllabus of learning opportunities.
● Consulting with the local community around training, employability and learning needs.
● To develop a users forum who will lead our community consultation, implementing their recommendations for our activity programme.
● Delivering adult learning courses and stand alone sessions.
● Developing links with third party organisations who can provide elements of adult learning programmes.
● Develop links with local residents who can offer their skills and knowledge to the learning calendar.
● Undertake training as required.
● Support major events within The Phoenix’s calendar alongside the staff team.
Ben View Resource Centre is a well-established charity offering vital services to the local community of the G82 & G83 areas.
This new post will have responsibility for the supervision and development of Ben Views community programmes including the staff and volunteers assigned to the programmes.
Ben View aims to help people stay connected with their communities, giving them a sense of belonging, easing loneliness and improving health and wellbeing.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual who can inspire others and will bring new ideas and lots of energy to this great service. You will be fun, compassionate and able to work on your on whilst fitting in with a small but very busy team of committed individuals.
We are looking for someone who can build strong relationships, is understanding and patient and who looks to bring fun and laughter into their role.
Ben View is not just a service, it’s an “Experience”, our aim is for staff, volunteers, members and visitors to experience the sense of community and belonging we aim to achieve throughout all our services.
Responsible to: Manager