Local charity Family Mediation Central Scotland (FMCS) has a vacancy for an experienced Administrator. Our office is based in Cowie and we are responsible for delivering the Family Mediation and Child Contact Centre Service across the Forth Valley. We are willing to discuss with candidates hybrid working, but there will be an expectation that some time will be spent working in-person in the office.
We work with separated parents and their children in Falkirk, Stirling and Clackmannanshire by providing both Family Mediation and Child Contact Centre services. Through mediation, we assist parents to make arrangements for their children following separation or divorce. We also provide facilities for family contact visits at our Contact Centres, for children to spend time with the parent they no longer live with.
Role: Reporting to the Service Manager, as Administrator, you will provide high quality administrative support for the office to ensure its efficient operation.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Setting up new client files, adding individuals’ details to the database and updating the client contact sheet.
• Maintaining database and closing finished case files.
• Helping intake workers populate files with important information, such as interlocutors, details of legal aid sanction and copies of important emails from solicitors or clients.
• Arranging intake appointments for clients and confirming them by email.
• Helping manage Intake Workers’ calendars.
• Creating client forms as documents that can be completed online through FMCS website and saving the completed forms to the relevant client files.
• Obtaining client contact details and legal aid information from solicitors.
• Reminding self-funding clients to pay for their appointments.
• Answering phones, dealing with enquiries, giving information on our service and offering intake appointments.
• Keep a record of all enquiries coming into the Service by phone, e-mail or through the website.
• Monitoring reception email address, passing emails on to relevant staff members and dealing with website enquiries.
• Set-up and management of staff email system and cloud based shared files including adding/removing new and departing staff members.
• Welcoming clients at Reception when in office.
• Ordering office supplies.
Education and experience
• Hold recognised qualification in administration (e.g. NVQ/SVQ or HND/HNC) and/or 2 or more years’ experience of office work.
• Excellent IT skills, including use of databases.
For further information, please call Kathleen Frew, Service Manager – 01786-472984.
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th November at 4.00 pm.
Interviews are likely to be held week commencing 27th November.