Independent Advocacy Workers play a key role within the Advocacy Service, undertaking a range of advocacy roles which may include empowering, informing, enabling and representing people in a variety of settings. Advocacy Workers assist the C.E.O., Operations Manager and Advocacy Coordinator, and other team members in achieving of the objectives of the Service.
There is scope for home working and a requirement to attend head office in Dumbarton for team meetings, supervision, training and development sessions. We are an advocacy service that delivers face to face advocacy across West Dunbartonshire and Lomond.
While we can be flexible around working hours/days we will require the successful candidate to normally make themselves available for work on a Tuesday
Main duties and Responsibilities
• To undertake advocacy work as directed by the Operations Manager and Advocacy Coordinator. Visiting adults in their own homes, hospitals and at other agreed venues and travelling independently.
• To assist in the processing, prioritisation of and response to referrals received by the Service.
• To use email and electronic systems to maintain up to date client and operational records as required and to maintain a high standard in all elements of reporting and communication.
• To undertake individual casework (and on occasions group casework), working alongside service users to promote self-determination and support their rights and to have their voice heard.
• To establish a supportive relationship with individual clients and provide an ‘independent voice’ on their behalf.
• To represent the views and wishes of the individual at a variety of formal and statutory meetings (e.g. Mental Health Tribunals, Adults with Incapacity Case Conferences) or in other contexts.
Promotion and Development
• To assist the C.E.O, Operations Manager, Advocacy Co-ordinator and other team members in the promotion of the Service.
• To raise awareness of the purpose of and the need for advocacy amongst service providers, voluntary groups, relatives, carers and the public.
Interested in applying? Complete the application form and return to email@example.com
Closing date is 9am on Monday 26th February and Interviews are scheduled for 14th and 15th March