We are recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join our Finance team based at our office Dava Street, Glasgow.
The Finance Assistant will support the Finance department and wider organisation by producing finance management information, they will work closely with the Senior Finance Officer, wider team and Managers throughout the organisation to ensure that effective financial information and reporting is available at all levels.
Right There is a charity working to prevent people becoming homeless and separated from their loved ones.
We’re here for children and adults who are living with the effects of poverty, addiction or broken relationships. Walking alongside people at home and in the community, we provide tailored support and form trusting relationships to help people feel happier, safer and more confident to live their lives.
Rooted in communities across Scotland for almost 200 years, we’re there for people going through tough times. Our work won’t stop until everyone has an equal chance to create a safe and supportive place to call home.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
• Help manage purchase ledger, sales ledger, and credit control functions
• Process and reconcile supplier invoices, petty cash, credit cards, and staff expenses
• Responsible for monthly bank reconciliations
• Preparation and input of monthly payroll data using payroll software
• Management of income schedules, accounts receivable, and aged debtors
• Manage and update housing management system and report on trends within housing benefit income and debt
• Maintain premise and utilities contract registers
• Manage relevant supplier accounts and report on expenditure trends relating to general rates, rents, and utilities
• Day to day management of income and expenditure in relation to contracts, grants, fundraising and donations
• Aid in the production of monthly management accounts and ad hoc reporting
• Prepare monthly accrual, prepayment, and income journals
• Assist in the annual audit and review of systems, policies, and processes
• Assist in ongoing systems development to ensure continuous improvement
• Commitment to ongoing professional development
Full details can be found in the job & person specification on our website.
What we expect from you
Our values make us who we are and define our actions and behaviours every day. We’d expect the post-holder to uphold and represent our organisation in a way that reflects our values and person-centred way of working.
We're looking for someone that has gained relevant experience of working in a generalist finance environment. You will also have knowledge of the processes and practices that are central to the finance function as well as knowledge of current finance legislation.
You will also confident in the use of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel.
What you can expect from us
We value our staff as our greatest asset and will provide the following working conditions:
• The post holder will report to the Financial Controller
• Your normal working hours are 35 per week Monday to Friday.
• Your usual place of work will be 15 Dava Street, Glasgow, G51 2JA. Alternatively, you may also choose to work remotely from your home address where appropriate.
• Working arrangements must be agreed with your line manager, based on the needs of the service.
• Annual leave entitlement of 210 hours holiday (equivalent to 6 weeks) pro rata per year in the first year rising to 280 hours (equivalent to 8 weeks) pro rata per year in the second. This includes public holidays
• All appointments are subject to a minimum of a 12-week probationary period
• You will be automatically enrolled into the People’s Pension in the month that you will complete 3-months of employment, provided you meet the auto-enrolment criteria
Interested in applying?
To find out more and apply please visit our website
Applications will be considered as they are received so please don’t delay to send in your application.