The Administration & Information Officer will play a key role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of
Lomond & Argyll Advocacy Service, through the provision of a range of information, administrative and
clerical support services within the main Argyll office and across the wider service. The post holder will also
contribute to the promotion and development of the service in line with the duties and responsibilities set out
in the job description.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To provide a “first point of contact” for volunteers, clients and other stakeholders, handle initial enquiries, provide information and signposting and support the Advocacy CEO/ Operational Managers.
- To undertake general administrative and clerical tasks as directed including ensuring mail, email, telephone calls and information are routed and managed effectively.
- To process correspondence and other administration tasks for the staff team, including some minute taking.
- To maintain petty cash records in accordance with organisational guidelines and procedures and make purchases on behalf of the team within delegated authority.
- To facilitate the smooth running of the SharePoint system
- To maintain accurate databases and statistical information as directed, using Access and other statistical/ Data base software and assist with preparing statistical information for board and commissioners.
- To maintain, develop and promote the LAAS website and social media content, ensuring information and links are topical, accurate and up to date.
- To assist in the collection and collation of information relevant to the advocacy service and in passing this information on to interested parties.
- To design, produce and co-ordinate the targeted distribution of promotional materials.
- Support the CEO with preparing recruitment packs and designing job adverts.
- To be responsible for ordering and maintaining adequate stocks of stationery and other materials, to ensure that equipment is regularly serviced and repaired and to maintain an overview of general office equipment needs, informing line management of any need for additional or replacement items.
- To co-ordinate regular client satisfaction surveys and develop and promote other opportunities for stakeholder feedback as directed by the Advocacy CEO
- To contribute to the GDPR obligations of the organisation.
- Any other tasks consistent with the remit of the post.
Closing date is 9am Monday 13th November
Completed application forms to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org