Scottish Recovery Consortium are looking for a pro-active, self-starter to join our small paid staff team. The successful post holder will be creative, co-operative and will relish the opportunity to Support, Represent & Connect recovery across the country.
This role is to support the effective communications of SRC, highlighting the impact of the recovery across Scotland. The role involves successfully planning and executing communication activity across multiple channels including social media, print and online marketing materials. This is a senior post in our organisation and requires a person who can act locally, regionally, and nationally with a strategic vision. All SRC staff work collectively with their organisational colleagues and our partners across Scotland.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability to work with lived experience volunteers, staff and strategic decision makers in order to deliver the following:
· The development and implementation of communication strategies and practise across SRC.
· Develop a comprehensive communications strategy for SRC to disseminate key messages to engage and promote recovery across all sectors, individuals in recovery and their families.
· Promote understanding of recovery in innovative ways, including stories of recovery that challenge stereotypes and stigma. Extensive consultation with those in recovery will be essential.
· Establish strong relationships with local and national media organisations.
· Increase recovery movement visibility to other online communities in Scotland.
· Manage and content curation on all SRC’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
· Manage & maintain the SRC organisational website.
· Ensure that the SRC’s online platforms are managed in line with both the SRC’s communication strategy, ethos and values and any other relevant legislation.
· Build online connections with recovery communities across Scotland and around the world.
· Develop and promote recovery principles and key messaging including development of information materials / resources, brand guidelines and website to ensure consistency and reach to those not in treatment services or mutual aid, including families.
If you think you have what we are looking for please contact our Chief Executive (Jardine Simpson) for an informal conversation on 0141 559 6933 about this exciting new role and to find out if our vision matches yours.
Our deadline for applications for the position is close of business on Monday 30th August with a view to interviews being conducted on or around Thursday 9th September 2021.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website: scottishrecoveryconsortium.org/communications-officer