This role is integral to the charity, ensuring that the office runs smoothly day to day and that the senior management team are supported in all aspects of running the charity.
Responsible to: Nicola Welsh, Chief Executive Officer / Angie Alexander, Chief Operating Officer
Key working Relationships: Staff / Families / Volunteers / External Agencies / Suppliers
Regular place of work: Held In Our Hearts’ Craiglockhart Office, Craiglockhart Tennis Centre, 177 Colinton Road, Edinburgh, EH14 1BZ. Some travel will be required for meetings and events on an ad hoc basis.
Experience within an Office Management role
Excellent computer literacy
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Strong numerical skills
Effective time management and planning skills
The ability to work as an individual and a team
Abiility to cope with competing priorities
Ability to work on own initiative and comfortable with occasional lone working
Competent in holding difficult conversations with vulnerable people
Experience in the third sector
Understanding of bereavement care
· Act as first point of contact for communications by phone, email and in person
· PA support to CEO and COO
· Responsible for administration and office management
· Responsible for day to day financial management of invoices, staff expenses and payroll
· Responsible for handling basic HR including recruitment and managing staff leave
· Administrative support to the wider team, especially for fundraising events
· Check all invoices prior to payment and pass details to bookkeeper, keeping appropriate records.
· Regular liaison with the charity’s bookkeeper regarding tax codes, expenses and any other required record-keeping, including Gift Aid claims.
· Order and organise hospital bag supplies and delivering these as required.
· Support for fundraising and awareness events
· Ensure that the office(s) and kitchen are well-maintained and fully supplied, making purchases as necessary
· Minute taking
· Organising internal training for the team and external training for healthcare professionals and corporates
· Negotiate deals on supplier contracts
· Process, record and bank all cash transactions
· Ad hoc tasks as required by the team
· Maintain confidentiality of personal information relating to staff and supporters
· Flexibility to work occasionally at weekends and evening, for which time off in lieu will be given
· Provide cover for colleagues as needed.
· The post-holder will have access to confidential data within Held In Our Hearts. Failure to maintain confidentiality will lead to disciplinary action, which could ultimately lead to dismissal.
· Held In Our Hearts is committed to Equal Opportunities for all present and potential members of staff. Therefore we expect all employees and volunteers to understand, support, and apply this policy through their working practices which requires all individuals to be treated with respect, dignity, courtesy, fairness and consideration.
· The post holder must familiarise themselves with matters relating to health and safety management as they affect them personally and/or Held In Our Hearts, reporting any potential risks to life or property immediately in accordance with the charity’s Health and Safety policy and procedures. They must use all equipment provided to undertake their role safely.
· To undertake any other duties which reasonably fall within the scope of the role.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is the 20th July 5pm