Aim of the post:
To be responsible for the recruitment and training of volunteers who they will assist in developing and delivering a
high-quality and diverse youth programme for young people within West Dunbartonshire.
- To recruit, train and support volunteers to ensure the smooth running of the youth programme
- To develop,
implement and evaluate programs for young people.
- The work will be divided between working with
volunteers, young people and carrying out administrative tasks appropriate for the post.
- To coordinate
the project on a day to day basis and provide support to volunteer befrienders and clients
- This work to
be done in partnership with other agencies and by contributing to care co-ordination as appropriate.
- To recruit and train volunteers
- To develop a supportive relationship with volunteers and to maintain
good communication with them through regular training, support sessions and team meetings
- To ensure that
volunteers work to their role descriptions
- To provide volunteers with information that they need, or to
enable them to acquire such information for themselves
- To ensure the correct policies and procedures are
in place and being followed by the volunteers
- To ensure risk assessments are in place and are being
followed by the volunteers
- To ensure that volunteers are aware of and understand all relevant policies
and procedures including risk assessment
- To ensure the young people are given a voice within the
- To ensure activity programmes are in place and are in line with the programme aims and
- To engage with local services / agencies where appropriate
- To prepare reports and
evidence of the outcomes of the programme
- To assist with fundraising activities to support the
- To assist with funding applications
- To keep up to date with legislation affecting
The post holder will carry out any other duties, which are within the scope and purpose of the job as requested by
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with young people.
- Previous experience of managing staff or
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience of organising and delivering activities
relevant to young people.
- Excellent written verbal and communication skills
- An understanding of
the motivation and support needs of volunteers
- Ability to organise yourself, prioritize workload and
- Computer literate to Windows, Word, Publisher, e-mail and internet
A great degree of flexibility is required in this post which will include evening and weekend working.
Closing date: 26th April 2021
To apply, please return completed application form to email@example.com