Lomond and Argyll Advocacy service are looking for a person who may have had experience of problematic alcohol or substance use, either;
• Personally and in recovery
• Worked in Recovery and substance use support services.
• or someone close to you.
The post will focus on improving access to independent advocacy and other local supports for people impacted by problematic alcohol or substance use. The post will also provide rights based advocacy approach in line with the Scottish Government’s Strategy: Rights, Respect and Recovery.
This post requires the successful candidate to apply for membership of the PVG Scheme.
This will be achieved by:
• undertaking relevant training on a Rights Based Approach in Independent Advocacy
• working with individuals in line with the Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance
• working within the aims of LAAS
• managing your workload efficiently in accordance with the policies and procedures of LAAS
• working as an individual and being self motivated, but also ability to work as part of a team
• developing your skills by identifying opportunities for learning
• promoting and raising awareness of LAAS and its work across Cowal area
• monitoring progress towards specific project targets and outcomes
• using networking techniques to create links with appropriate individuals and groups (statutory and voluntary) to raise awareness of Independent Advocacy
• supporting LAAS to develop and deliver learning opportunities
To apply please complete the application form and forward to email@example.com
Closing Date Monday 29th May at 9am
Interviews scheduled to take place Tuesday 13th June