PKAVS is a charitable organisation that serves the community of Perth & Kinross by offering five community-led services supported by a team of 70 colleagues and up to 100 volunteers.
We operate across four locations in Perth & Kinross under our service banners which include Carers PKAVS, the Third Sector Interface, Mental Health and Wellbeing PKAVS, and Shopmobility PKAVS.
We offer these varied social care and welfare services as well as support and advocacy to Perth & Kinross' dynamic third sector.
At PKAVS our vision is a Perth and Kinross where people flourish, and communities thrive.
At PKAVS, proof of our impact and collaborative relationships coupled with financial stability are crucial to our continuing ability to provide our services to as many people in Perth & Kinross as we can. As part of our strategic planning, we have secured an opportunity for a Funding, Communications, and Impact Coordinator to join our team to help us deliver in this critical area of the organisation.
Your role as Funding, Communications and Impact Coordinator will be to implement and drive a variety of income generation, profile-raising campaigns, and engagement activities. This role will focus on delivering fundraising initiatives, communication strategies and donor engagement to further organisation’s vision.
Duties and responsibilities
Assist the Funding, Communications, and Impact Manager in building a programme of long-term sustainable income.
· Research and identify potential funding opportunities from various sources such as trusts, foundations, businesses, and individual donors.
· Help maintain and build relationships with existing and potential donors, funders, and partners.
· Support the Funding, Communications, and Impact Manager in developing and providing the necessary reporting information for grant and funding applications ensuring they are well written and persuasive.
· Support and assist with the development and implementation of our communications and marketing strategy.
· Spot fundraising opportunities and help to organise fundraising and awareness raising campaigns events and donations initiatives.
· Coordinate and create content for PKAV’s digital communication channels, including our website, social media, and email newsletters.
· Use our impact and engagement insights to create and share meaningful stories with all stakeholders that enable us to engage more people who can benefit from our services and at the same time develop the confidence and financial support of donors, trusts, and funders.
· Establish and maintain funding and fundraising records through our CRM database.
· Communicate and collaborate with PKAVS volunteer coordinator to source volunteer support for our fundraising strategy and processes.
· Identify and liaise with appropriate support services, community resources and activities that meet individual outcomes.
· Help to develop and maintain quantitative and qualitative measurement and reporting processes that provide insight into our fundraising progress, our beneficiaries, funder and partner engagement and our services’ impact across local communities in Perth & Kinross.
· Assist with the development, preparation, and distribution of PKAV’s Annual Trustee’s Report and Annual Impact Report.
· Use the insights from our reporting to update the SMT and broader team, putting forward recommendations that will influence continuous improvement in the areas of funding and fundraising.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer the following:
- The opportunity to be part of the next exciting chapter in PKAVS history and to work with a highly skilled operational leadership team.
- Personal development and opportunities that will help you achieve your career aspirations.
- A working environment that is designed to make it as easy as possible for you to balance your home life and deliver effectively in your working life.
- A generous salary that values your skills, knowledge, and experience.
- Auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
- Entitlement to 6.8 weeks of annual leave (pro-rata) which increases according to your length of service.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme that offers 24/7 advice and listening for all your support needs.
Please see full job description for more information, to apply please return completed application form to email@example.com
Closing date: 21 May 2023