Lomond and Argyll Advocacy Service have been providing advocacy support to the residents of West Dunbartonshire and Argyll and Bute for over 20 years.
Following an expansion of our services to support adults challenged by addictions and an internal promotion, we have a vacancy for an Advocacy Coordinator.
Based in our Dumbarton Head Office, the role combines the delivery of direct advocacy services, the supervision of Advocacy Workers and a responsibility for the work of a small team. Focussed on delivering our core advocacy support to those with a Mental Illness, the elderly and frail and those detained in Hospital but ready to leave, and vulnerable adults in the community requiring support.
We are seeking an individual with an understanding of and a commitment to the Principles of Independent Advocacy. The successful applicant will:
· Have experience of working in the social work/ social care sector
· Ability to or experience of supervising staff
· An understanding of the issues facing vulnerable adults and those with mental health challenges
· An ability to represent the views, interests and needs of vulnerable adults
· Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
· A commitment to uphold the human rights of all
· Good organisation skills and ability to manage own workload
· Demonstrable commitment to the principles of empowerment and self-determination.
· Ability to travel independently throughout West Dunbartonshire and Glasgow.
For more information or an informal discussion please contact Charlie Coggrave or Caroline McAllister on 01389 726543.
Closing date for applications is 9 a.m. on 23rd January 2023 and interviews are planned for Thursday 9th February at our Dumbarton office.