Established in 2022 Ramekin and Rolling Pin is a modern and inclusive cookery school and community kitchen based in
East Dunbartonshire. Our aim is to bring communities together through a series of communal workshops with a
focus on healthy eating, creative cookery and expanding social networks. We believe that everyone should have
access to a balanced diet and we promote this in a sustainable, cost effective and environmentally friendly
The cookery school is open to everyone, including families, children and young people, schools, community groups and
community based organisations. We offer a number of tailored workshops run by professional chefs that explore
everything from basic food preparation right up to making advanced dishes from cuisines across the world.
Addressing food injustice is at the core of what we do, so that people and communities have the opportunity to access
a healthy and acceptable diet for themselves, their families and their communities whilst also considering the
environmental challenges of the climate emergency, rising fuel costs and food insecurity.
Our cookery masterclasses and events help fund our community cookery classes and culinary therapy workshops for those
in the local area.
2024 is shaping up to be an exciting year at Ramekin and Rolling Pin with a fully booked schedule of cookery
masterclasses (see Ramekin + Rolling Pin Events
| Eventbrite, Cookery Classes) a wide variety of community collaborations in the diary and an on site
community garden in the pipeline. We are looking for an experienced, passionate chef to join the team to
continue our growth and support our community.
In the main the successful candidate will work alongside the Cookery School Manager in the planning and delivery of
all cookery masterclasses, community cookery classes and events/catering as well as all any relevant admin,
monitoring and evaluation. This will include daily, weekly or monthly duties (whichever applicable) from the
- Working alongside the CSM to develop and deliver seasonal cookery school programmes and masterclasses, including
the creation of recipe content
- Assisting in the sourcing of ingredients, using fresh produce and/or
edible food waste wherever possible
- Preparing the workstations with awareness of potential risks,
ensuring that basic food hygiene procedures are followed
- Working with and training a group of volunteers
to become peer-to-peer workshop facilitators.
- Working with the CSM to determine marketing and sales
strategies to maximise exposure and income
- Sharing responsibility for monitoring weekly, monthly and
annual sales performance and achieving targets for income
- Working within an environmental agenda to
ensure effective zero waste and waste management protocols.
- Supporting the CSM in taking part in regular
evaluation reviews of programme delivery ensuring the continuous improvement of our services
the CSM in ensuring all data recording is captured accurately enabling robust impact assessment, delivery of
funding agreements and the effective use of our resources
- Assisting in the writing up of evaluations of
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the post in support of the organisation’s smooth
- An interest in and desire to work towards the vision, mission and aims of Ramekin and Rolling Pin including a
commitment to healthy diet and living
- Proven professional cookery experience
- Flexibility in
agreed work hours which will include some Saturdays and evenings
- Well organised with an ability to plan
and deliver cookery classes enthusiastically, within agreed timelines and following set
- Demonstrable passion for cuisines and ingredients from around the world and the impact on
global food sustainability.
- Ability to respect individuals and during delivery encourage their interest
in food relating to all aspects of their lives.
- Ability to deliver food demonstrations in an engaging,
interactive and informal way to all ages including children and young people, striving for an inclusive
- Experience of using and working within appropriate protocols and procedures such as
- Commitment to working in a values-based culture including non-discriminatory and equal
- Elementary Food Hygiene Certificate
- Willingness to undergo PVG
- Experience of supporting people with higher support needs eg: those with learning difficulties or mental health issues
- Awareness and understanding of community food and health issues
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation
- A keen interest in food growing
- Experience of using social media as a tool to reach target audiences
CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 29th February 2024