Change Grow Live are a charity dedicated to the belief that we can make a difference to our Service Users lives,
offering support and respect in a safe environment, treating each user as an individual and working with them to
find the right treatment and care options.
Our core values are ‘Be open, be compassionate and be bold’ and our team members apply these daily to achieve our
mission of helping people change the direction of their lives, grow as individuals, and live life to its full
We have an exciting opportunity for 6 Peer Harm Reduction Support Workers to join our Forth Valley service who will
bring additional capacity to our team. The posts are an opportunity for individuals with lived or living
experience of alcohol or drug use to gain work experience and training and enhance their longer-term
You will work within our established Harm Reduction team, providing assertive outreach to engage with more difficult
to reach service users through offering harm reduction interventions, engagement, and support to access
services. This service will be offered in a variety of locations across Forth Valley.
This role is for a 12 months Fixed Term Contract
About the role:
- To support the provision of the harm reduction teams key activities; assertive outreach, injecting equipment
provision, take home naloxone and DBST
- To provide a service which ensures equity of access, including
individuals in remote or rural areas
- To deliver effective engagement and harm reduction interventions
for service users presenting with a wide range of drug and alcohol problems
- To support Harm Reduction
Navigators in identifying and proactively engaging with individuals who are experiencing non-fatal
- To promote and support service users, under the guidance of the harm reduction navigators, to
access appropriate treatment and support services
- To support engagement of individuals in the criminal
justice system, supporting navigators in providing arrest referral service
- To work with the harm
reduction navigators to build and develop service users' personal strengths, social networks and recovery
- To support visible recovery within the service by being a positive role modelTo work in
partnership with other agencies, providing support to ensure a coordinated approach
- To provide an
effective transfer of care to the appropriate services as required
- To provide the service in a wide
variety of venues including street outreach and A&E to engage service users who would not typically access a
substance use service
- Personal experience of alcohol/substance use services and recovery.
- A minimum of 1 year living in
recovery, free from all illicit substances and problematic drinking.
- Experience of providing engagement/
support to others (voluntary or paid).
- Knowledge of the harmful effects associated with substance use in relation to health, social welfare, housing,
employability and personal relationships.
- Some knowledge of harm reduction interventions
- A knowledge and understanding of policies related to the safeguarding of children and
- A good general standard of education and literacy.
Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to quickly establish rapport with service users and use assertive engagement
- Ability to maintain accurate records including data management systems within agreed
- Commitment to working collaboratively with co-workers and external
- Commitment to sharing knowledge, experience and learning with colleagues to improve standards
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice that is reflected in
professional relationships with service users, colleagues and the general public.
What we will give to you:
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) rising by 1 day for each years’ service “Capped at 30 days”
‘Wellness’ hour each week along with a ‘Wellness’ hub and Employee Assist Programme
- Contributory pension
- Several benefits incl. discounts for shopping, cinema, holidays, etc.
- A friendly and
- Training, career development & progression opportunities
- Refer a friend
scheme and receive £250 in vouchers if candidate is successful.
If this sounds like you and you would like to begin your journey with Change Grow Live, then we would love to talk to