About Simon Community Scotland
Simon Community Scotland is the largest provider of homelessness services in Scotland.
Our vision is for everyone to have a safe place to live with access to the support they need. Every day we help make positive things happen for people facing extremely difficult circumstances.
Everything we do is about and for people: the people we support, our staff, our partners and everyone affected by homelessness.
Our values are built into every area of activity and tell the story of how people remain at the heart of the Simon Community.
The Simon Community is Scotland's leading homeless charity. We are creative and innovative. We get things done with care and compassion that make a difference to our community, being true to our values. We are a community of staff, volunteers and the people that we support.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about changing expectations and experiences of people we support, many of whom have experienced significant trauma, exclusion and stigma. They often engage in risk taking behaviours that put their physical and mental health, and their lives at risk. Despite the challenges they face they have incredible resilience, survival skills and a wicked sense of humour. They know what a good, and not so good service looks like.
- To lead and develop a diverse team to deliver life changing and quality services.
- To create and support a culture which develop frontline leadership through empowerment and dynamic risk informed decision making.
- To create mechanisms with and for the people we support that influences how our care is delivered now and in the future
- To work effectively with our diverse range of partners to create a knowledge and resource network which benefits the community we support
- To support our frontline staff through training, advice and guidance to be the best possible supports for people who have the least in society.
- To contribute to our dynamic vision for a Scotland where no-one is homeless
Closing date: 16 February, 2024