The ALLIANCE is excited to be recruiting for a new Human Centred Design Lead to join the ALISS team.
The Human Centred Design Lead will undertake human centred design activity across all aspects of the ALISS programme
– both technical and non-technical.
The successful candidate for this role would be expected to have:
- Experience of working in an agile fashion, including an awareness of agile tools.
communication skills, including the ability to listen to the needs of technical stakeholders and ALISS users,
and interpret them in a way that is clear for both audiences.
- Knowledge of how to work collaboratively
within a group, actively networking with others and varying feedback for the appropriate time to ensure the
- Responsive to changes in technology, adapting approach accordingly.
to absorb large amounts of conflicting information and use it to produce simple designs.
- Ability to
identify constraints, challenge their validity, if necessary, communicate about these and work within
- Can generate multiple solutions to a problem and test them.
- Able to think strategically
about their work.
- Understanding of user research and ability to represent users internally.
As an ALLIANCE employee you will benefit from:
- 210 hours annual leave (equivalent of 30 days)
- 13 days public holiday that can be taken
- Additional leave between Christmas and New Year
- Contributory pension
- Open to flexible working (formal and informal)
- Hybrid working – opportunity to work from
home for part of the week
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced sick
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Corporate rates
for gym membership
- Time off in lieu
- Cycle Scheme
- Carer Positive Employer
The ALLIANCE is a healthy working lives employer and encourages a healthy work life balance and is happy to talk
The ALLIANCE recognises that in real life, great people don’t always ‘tick all the boxes’. Even if you don’t meet
every point on the job description, if this role and our organisation feels like a good fit for you, we still
want to hear from you.
For an application pack please
see our website, or contact HR at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 27 November.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 7 December.
About the Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland
The Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE) is an independent Scottish Charity funded by a grant from
the Scottish Government. Our vision is for a Scotland where people of all ages who are disabled or living with
long term conditions, and unpaid carers, have a strong voice and enjoy their right to live well, as equal and
active citizens, free from discrimination, with support and services that put them at the centre.
The ALLIANCE has three core aims; we seek to:
- Ensure people are at the centre, that their voices, expertise, and rights drive policy and sit at the heart of
design, delivery and improvement of support and services.
- Support transformational change, towards
approaches that work with individual and community assets, helping people to stay well, supporting human rights,
self-management, co-production, and independent living.
- Champion and support the third sector as a vital
strategic and delivery partner and foster better cross-sector understanding and partnership.
For details on how your applications will be dealt with in line with GDPR please see our privacy notice.