Do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of children and young people with a learning disability and or Autism?
We have an exciting opportunity for a family focused, warm friendly, resourceful and empathetic individual to join our newly extended Disability Service as a Family Worker.
About Options Fife
At Options Fife we have been providing person centred services to children and young people with a learning disability and/or Autism for over 25 years. Our Family Workers enhance the existing provision offered, enabling whole family support for children and families with complex learning needs.
What we are looking for....
As a Family Worker, you will offer emotional and direct practical help to families experiencing short- or long-term challenges. You will work with families; identifying areas where support is required, working with them to co-produce a family support plan which will be individually tailored to their child’s and family’s needs. You will agree outcomes and personal goals within the child’s plan.
The role of the Family Worker will be diverse and wide ranging and will include the following:
• Promote and develop healthy routines, including sleep.
• Provide practical support with personal care.
• Support the development of play routines.
• Support parents to address difficulties and reduce risks.
• Build upon parents existing knowledge and equip them with enabling strategies and tools.
• Support families to have positive and rewarding relationships.
• Support families to implement structure, identify triggers and understand the function and purpose of their child’s behaviour and reduce challenges from escalating.
• Along with families, liaise and work with partners and colleagues from Social Work, Health and Education to assess, review and evaluate progress.
• You will have experience of supporting children and families with a learning disability and Autism. You will have up-to-date knowledge of best practice and supporting tools and interventions.
You will manage your own diary, and your hours will be 37.5 per week, worked flexibly between 7am and 10pm, Monday to Sunday. The days and hours worked will be agreed with families within the family support plan. There may also occasionally be a need to provide additional support out with these times and to be able to respond to crises and family stress.
At Aberlour we want to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team.
What we offer...
As well as a supportive team and excellent training opportunities, we want all our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, an excellent employer pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts across various retailers.
Please go to our website aberlour.org.uk/jobs where you can apply online.
If you have any queries please e-mail: email@example.com.
Aberlour is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our service users and uses a thorough and rigorous recruitment and selection process including PVG Scheme checks to ensure this commitment is not compromised.
Applications to be returned by: midnight on Tuesday, 19th December 2023
A Scottish Guarantee Co No: SC312912 Scottish Charity No. SC007991