Are you an enthusiastic individual with experience in the 3rd sector looking to join a small, friendly, proactive
team? CVS Inverclyde offers you the opportunity to make a real difference to the community and third sector
organisations across Inverclyde. This new role’s responsibility ranges from strategy to training and involves
grass roots face to face delivery.
We would particularly welcome your application if you have previously worked in a social enterprise, charity or
voluntary organisation and want to use and develop your skills to support others within the sector.
Due to internal changes driven by newly funded projects, we are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic individual
to deliver CVS Inverclyde’s (CVSI) Third Sector Interface (TSI) function. The postholder will be responsible for
delivering organisational development and capacity building support to the voluntary, community and third sector
We are seeking someone with broad third sector experience who can provide advice and support across a range of
specialist areas, ideally based on their own previous experience. The post holder will be responsible for
leading advice and guidance to groups around a range of key topics including governance, organisational
development, business planning, partnership development and community development as well as signposting to
appropriate agencies and national intermediaries.
The postholder will support the broader work of CVS Inverclyde in developing a strong Third Sector, including
delivery of training, workshops and policy development relevant to the speciality areas connected with this
- Supporting local community and voluntary groups to start, develop and to grow capacity.
guidance across a range of areas including governance, organisational development, business planning,
partnership development and best practice.
- Providing practical support and coaching for activities such
as creating, modifying a constitution, or restructuring a charity.
- Contributing to the TSI’s input to
community empowerment including community learning and development, community-led provision, community
ownership, asset transfer and locality planning.
- Identifying patterns and common issues arising from
contact with organisations within the sector that indicate individual and organisational development and
capacity needs and developing a suitable response to address the need.
- Identifying and delivering
training relevant to the specialist areas of this post.
- Working alongside our funding team to learn and
communicate funding information.
- Maintaining a portfolio of key third sector organisations on MILO
- Identifying potential projects for strategic collaborations and where appropriate, facilitating
- Adopting community development approaches to develop self-sustaining support processes to help
avoid over-dependency on the role and help ensure sustainability.
- Participate in various forums at both
local and national level, to share knowledge, maintain expertise, pioneer best practice, provide and benefit
from peer support
- Occasionally participate in funding panels by reviewing applications and making
recommendations for where funding should be allocated.
- General administration and business support
functions as necessary, in line with the role and the wider work of CVS Inverclyde.
- To contribute to the efficient operations of CVS Inverclyde and delivery of our objectives and workplans.
- To work collectively across the CVS Inverclyde Team and the wider TSI Network in a collaborative, respectful, fair and honest manner; always undertaking to represent the organisation in an appropriate manner and with the integrity expected by CVS Inverclyde.
- To maintain accurate and up-to-date records using the MILO database and any other data systems used by CVS Inverclyde.
- To prepare and assist with reports, media articles and any other monitoring requirements.
- To attend internal and external meetings as required by CVS Inverclyde.
Application deadline: 28th November 2023
Shortlisting 29th November 2023
Interview date: 6th December 2023 (TBC)
Interview location: CVS Inverclyde’s offices in Greenock