Free Wheel North needs more Trustees to facilitate its development and growth. The charity exists to enhance mental
and physical health, to regenerate communities, champion the rights of the disabled and to provide personal
development through volunteering. Its means include inclusive cycling, community cafes, art, woodwork and
networking UK wide on sustainable transport.
2023 has been a record year for the Glasgow Green Cycling Centre with tens of thousands of project users enjoying
inclusive cycling. We need help to accommodate demand. This will be a rewarding journey as we fulfil our mission
to replicate our work widely, not only in Scotland but throughout the UK, enabling many more isolated people to
come together in inclusive communities.
- Serve as a Trustee for our organization, contributing to the overall strategic direction and decision-making
- Ensure responsible governance and health and safety in line with the requirements of the
- Dealing with HR issue
- Actively participate in board meetings, providing input
and expertise on key issues.
- Collaborate with other Trustees to establish and monitor organizational
goals and objectives.
- Utilize your expertise in fundraising to help develop and implement fundraising
- Build and maintain relationships with donors, sponsors, and other key
- Provide guidance and support for the organization's financial management and budgeting
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing and public relations
- Act as an ambassador for the organization, representing it at various community
- Strong Knowledge of Governance
- Good understanding of HR
- Strong IT and web skills
interest in health and safety
- Strong knowledge of social enterprise
- Proven experience in
fundraising, with a track record of successfully securing funds.
- Excellent relationship management
skills, with the ability to cultivate and maintain strong partnerships.
- Strong customer service skills,
with the ability to effectively engage with donors and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of marketing principles
and strategies to support fundraising efforts.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to the
mission and values of the organization.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or qualifications associated with the job.
Please send expression of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org