Advocacy Co-ordinators play a key role within the Advocacy Service, undertaking and co-ordinating a range of
independent advocacy activities within a specified geographical area.
The Advocacy Co-ordinator will work along with the Operations Manager to ensure the smooth and effective operation of
advocacy services within the area. The post holder will also contribute, alongside other team members, to the
development and delivery of advocacy services in line with the strategic objectives of the organisation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To co-ordinate advocacy activity, ensuring the smooth and effective operation of advocacy services, through the
implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures set out by the organisation.
- To assist in the
recruitment of and co-ordinate, supervise and support the work of volunteer advocates and advocacy
- To raise awareness of independent advocacy and promote the use of advocacy services among
service users, carers and statutory, voluntary and community groups through the provision of information,
presentations and publications etc.
- To implement and monitor the performance and quality measures agreed
by the organisation and ensure that high standards as are maintained.
- To ensure that accurate and
confidential records are maintained in line with the policies and procedures set out by the
- To identify training needs and assist in the development, arrangement and deliver of
appropriate training courses.
- To undertake direct advocacy casework.
- To participate in staff
meetings and other meetings as required.
- To attend and participate in training sessions as
- Any other tasks consistent with the remit of the post.
Accountability & Support:
The Advocacy Co-ordinator is accountable to the Operational Manager, who will provide appropriate support and
supervision and is accountable to the CEO.
Closing date is 9am Monday 27th November
Completed application forms to be sent to email@example.com