Who Are We?
Newmilns Snow and Sports Complex is a dynamic and evolving organisation dedicated to changing people’s lives. As the only UK Charity Ski Slope, we are proudly different. Using the power of the great outdoors and a ‘sport for change’ model we develop confidence, motivation, and employment skills through snow sports. We work with children and adults, schools and youth groups delivering employability, personal development, volunteering, and training opportunities at our rural, East Ayrshire site.
The most direct benefit of our work is delivered to disadvantaged or hard to reach groups. To achieve this, we work with our community to identify the issues important to them, develop and deliver solutions to ensure everyone has access to opportunities to make the changes needed to live positive and fulfilling lives.
Our wonderful business is experiencing exciting change and growth, with an expanding social impact portfolio, increasing staff team and specialisms, introduction of transformative digital solutions and a growing passion for increasing opportunities within our community.
If you are ready for a new challenge, this is a great opportunity to join an experienced, committed team, where you can make a real difference.
Your tasks, duties and areas of responsibility are summerised below.
Income Generation and Financial management
· Operational budgets and expenditure are well considered and within guidelines.
· Business targets are understood and achieved through strong business acumen, challenging shortfalls and championing and driving change and growth and seeking new business opportunities.
· Oversight and management of outdoor and indoor environments, and physical infrastructure.
· Compliance with health and safety legislation, management of risk.
· Utilities and services to the site are managed e.g. power, water, sanitation, internet and telephony.
· The business and staff teams have access to the tools, equipment and training to undertake their duties.
Ensure through resource and skill, NSASC can maximise capacity for delivering safe, fun activities and generating income. Manage escalated staff concerns proactively and in line with company procedure.
NSASC’s USP is the quality and unity of our amazing team and the excellent experiences they deliver. Ensure this is maintained and enhanced as an effective role model, coach and mentor.
Skills & Experience Required
Essential skills and experiences
• You should be educated to degree level.
• You must have experience working in a similar role with examples of achieving positive outcomes in the tasks and duties listed above.
• Proven track record working to achieving targets and also setting targets and supporting others to achieve targets.
• Able to take a ‘helicopter’ view of multiple teams and departments and ensure smooth working between functions.
• Comfortable and experienced in representing an organisation or beneficiary group and presenting information in small and large groups both face to face and online.
• Experience with supporting the development of business targets and the processes and practices and cascading these targets through the organisation to ensure people and teams all pull together in the same direction.
• Excellent numerical skills ability to compile, analyse and present numerical data.
• Excellent spoken and presentation skills.
• Excellent PC skills word, excel and PowerPoint and collaborative tools, Microsoft Teams, Jam board etc.
• Excellent written skills, able to compile content via reports and presentations to suit all audiences from Delivery team to Board level.
• Stakeholder engagement skills.
• Problem solving skills, ability to identify a range of options, evaluate each and arrive at the best solutions for the circumstances.
• Ability to guide, coach, mentor, and train others.
• Be committed to equality and share NSASC’s vision and values and have a genuine shared passion for delivering on social impact activities.
Sound good? Please email your CV to email@example.com
First interviews held remotely, second stage, invitation to meet the team on site.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to making reasonable adjustments for candidates who may require them.