Change Mental Health is a leading national mental health charity providing unique support to people with severe and enduring mental ill health. With over 50 years’ experience across Scotland, we believe people affected by poor mental health and illness deserve the highest quality of support in the community and that every person has the right to be valued and to share in the opportunities, challenges, and joys of everyday life.
About the role:
I have responsibility to ensure that our work to support service users and carers is delivered to a high standard and within Change Mental Health policies and procedures at all times. This support will be emotional, practical, and vocational. I will line manage a whole service or team leading that team to achieve our outcomes and contribute to the growth and development of the service across our area. I will manage a small budget and take responsibility for my team/service within the area plans.
· I have appropriate professional qualifications for my work to at least SVQ4 level or have significant experience relevant to this post
· I have previous experience of managing and developing a service
· I have a sound theory base of social care interventions or my area, including awareness of risk and compliance issues
· I have experience of working with people with mental health problems and/or their families
· I identify dilemmas and employ an analytical approach to find solutions
· I have demonstrable experience in leading and line managing a team and am able to act autonomously to a high standard
· I am enthusiastic to develop my skills by undertaking appropriate training
· I am outcome focussed and can place my role in Change Mental Health in the wider health and social care context
· I am confident in my ability to give presentations to stakeholders
· My report writing is of a high standard
· My IT skills are of a good standard
· I am very well organised and self-manage and self-motivate
· I can travel throughout a geographic region as required
· Specialist skills appropriate to my role
· Experience of working with groups, delivering training, or making presentations
· Experience of managing registered services
· Act in accordance with Data Protection legislation. Ensure all records, personal, staff and client data are managed in line with Data Management and Information Governance policies
· Comply with legal and regulatory requirements such as provisions set out in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
· As with all employees, workers and volunteers; to encourage people to join Change Mental Health as a member, donor or activist
· To act in accordance with the charity’s Health & Safety and Safeguarding policies and to notify your line manager promptly if there are any concerns
· To participate in regular supervision and appraisal and undertake any relevant training as appropriate to the role
· To work in accordance with the charity’s national policies and local operating procedures and those of external regulators or professional bodies
Professional development including funded opportunities.
A generous 37 days’ holiday.
A 35-hour working week & access to a season ticket loan.
A great work life balance with flexible and blended working environment.
24/7 access to an award-winning Employee Assistance Programme providing free legal, financial and medical advice as well as support with life’s challenges.
Enhanced sick pay and leave entitlements
Paid Mental Wellbeing Days
Cycle to Work Scheme
Blue Light discount card
Application deadline 04/12/2023