About Bridges Partnership- Glasgow
The Bridges Partnership is jointly provided by Aberlour Glasgow Family Support Service and Shelter Scotland to provide support to mothers and their children living in the North West and South of Glasgow areas who are or have been affected by domestic abuse.
What we are looking for....
We are looking for a Child and Family Worker to join our team, working 37.5 hours per week. As this post includes an unsocial hour’s allowance, you are required to be flexible with your approach and available to work weekends, evenings and public holiday to meet the needs of the families you would support. This post is offered on a fixed term basis until 31st March 2025
As a Child and Family Worker within our Bridges Partnership project you will;
• Undertake risk assessment and work to develop safety plans
• Advocate in statutory meetings, court settings and with other agencies on behalf of women and children who have or are experiencing domestic abuse.
• Using the safe and together model, you will develop reports to be used in courts in relation to civil and criminal proceedings.
• Work in partnership with the parents, either on a 1:1 basis or in groups to enhance their parenting skills and build their confidence
• Work with children and parents in a therapeutic and trauma-based approach to help them reach their full potential.
• Provide housing information and assistance
• Inform women and children of their rights
• Signposting and helping each mother to access additional services as needed.
You will have relevant experience and a sound knowledge of domestic abuse and the impact on the children and adult survivor and relevant theory in attachment and parenting. You should be able to demonstrate an understanding and commitment to women and children’s rights. You will hold a relevant professional qualification at SCQF level 7 or above. It is desired that you are IDDA trained or are willing to work towards this.
At Aberlour we want to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. To have a look at our values to understand more about what we are looking for from our employees click here
What we offer...
As well as a supportive team and excellent training opportunities, we want all our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, an excellent employer pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts across various retailers. Find out more about our Employee Benefits and our commitment to Equality and Diversity here.
Please go to our website aberlour.org.uk/jobs where you can apply online
If you have any queries please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aberlour is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our service users and uses a thorough and rigorous recruitment and selection process including PVG Scheme checks to ensure this commitment is not compromised.
Applications to be returned by: Midnight Thursday 14th December 2023
Job Description: click here
Terms and Conditions: click here
A Scottish Guarantee Co No: SC312912 Scottish Charity No. SC007991