Iriss supports people, workers and organisations to make social work and social care support work better through
evidence based innovation. Iriss is a charity that works across Scotland and our principal funder is the
About the role
The Finance Officer ensures the smooth running of Iriss’s finances, including bookkeeping, invoicing, purchasing,
budgeting, grant claims and audit.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone who can help keep Iriss running smoothly and efficiently:
- Analysis: You can analyse financials to explain why budgets have over or underspent and what
the forecast going forward is.
- Organisation: You will be able to work within structures
- Working in a team: We are a small, busy team that works hard to make
best use of everyone’s skills.
- Diplomacy and customer focus: We want everyone who comes
into contact with Iriss to have a good experience. You are the kind of person who takes pride in doing excellent
work and supporting others.
You will have skills and experience in:
- Bookkeeping: This should include keeping financial records and software (preferably XERO) up to
date including invoicing and purchasing.
- Reporting and forecasting: You will have
experience producing quarterly/yearly reports for senior management that include a year end forecast and
producing draft budgets for the coming year.
- Working with Auditors: You will have
experience working with external auditors to produce annual accounts.
You will have knowledge of:
- Financial procedures and systems including XERO, setting and reporting on budgets, payroll and
- Charity financial reporting.
A typical week in the role
In a typical week in the role, you might be doing the following:
- Updating XERO with the purchase invoices.
- Chasing a client for payment on an overdue invoice.
- Working with the Head of Resources to ensure a planned event is running on budget.
- Taking part in a project retrospective to understand more about Iriss’ work and ensure Iriss is financially stable.
Please send the following to Sam Ella (Head of Resources) email@example.com by 5pm on the 22nd January
Please ensure your email subject line starts with ‘Recruitment’.
Your CV and covering letter should set out how you meet the person specification and job description in no more than
three pages total.
Interviews will be held on the 6th of February on Zoom with Sam Ella (Head of Resources) and Dee Fraser (Chief
If you have any access requirements for your interview let us know in your covering letter so we can make sure these
are in place for you on the day.
- Applications close 22nd January 2024
- Notification of Interview 25th January 2024
- Pre-Interview task deadline 2nd February 2024
- Interview 6th February 2024
- Notification of Interview outcome 9th February 2024