Working hours & pattern: Hours per week to be worked flexibly and in discussion with the line
manager, with occasional evening or weekend work to support events.
Location:You will work primarily within the local community. Your office base is within Royston
Primary School, second floor.
Responsible to:Project Manager or Chairperson of the Board of Directors.
Responsible for:Community Cook, Community Gardener, Youth Gardener, Volunteer Coordinator, Cleaner,
Driver, Sessional Staff, Volunteers
Post funding:Investing in Communities
Description of Role
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and developing all areas of the work of the Royston Food Hub,
supporting local communities and individuals through the provision of food education alongside improved access
to fruit and vegetables, and opportunities to take part in growing activities.
Using community development approaches you will develop and maintain a programme of activities aimed at reducing the
impacts of food poverty, improving health and wellbeing and encouraging community led responses.
You will take an active role in building partnerships and joint working with a range of organisations and groups to
plan and deliver food based focused work, and you will have day to day responsibility for the running and
development of services including Royston Community Pantry, community meals, healthy eating sessions, cookery
classes, youth gardening and community growing.
- Support the development, delivery and promotion of the Royston Community Pantry, including the development of
this service and its partnerships.
- Work with the Community Cook and volunteers to plan, promote and
deliver a programme of community meals, pop-ups and food based activities at the Roystonhill Community Hub
- Work with the Community Gardener to develop the Germiston allotment growing site as a
space to deliver growing workshops and harvest to feed into food activities such as the Pantry, community meals
and cookery classes
- Work with Sessional cooks to train and support the delivery of healthy cookery
- Working with colleagues to plan and deliver a programme of events and workshops including:
- Elementary Food Hygiene Training courses
- Volunteer celebration days and events
- Developing and sustaining effective working relationships with the Royston Strategy
Group, parent councils, community groups and statutory and non-statutory organisations, identifying new
opportunities for joint working.
- Providing local leadership and coordination within the Food Hub area on
activities and projects which address food poverty, hardship and destitution.
- Support the development of
the Royston Food Hub Group, a steering group of local people, with a focus on community development
- Coordinating the use of workshop space, introducing and maintaining systems to ensure it is
used appropriately and safely with reference to all necessary regulations, including compliance with Health and
Safety and food safety practices, the provision of risk assessments as required, and ensuring effective food
handling and food hygiene standards are in place.
- Support the NGCFI communications strategy through the use of social media and other communications such as
e-newsletters, flyers, leaflets, and posters to promote our services.
- Food dignity activities providing
local people opportunities to engage in decisions such as fruit and veg available through the Barras or dishes
cooked in Healthy eating classes.
- Working alongside Volunteer Coordinator to develop meaningful volunteering opportunities, including skills and
capacity building training supporting community members to participate in Food Hub engagement
- Supporting and Supervising staff including regular 1-2-1’s and 6 monthly
- Establish and maintain effective planning, monitoring and evaluation processes to track the impact of attending
NGCFI events and ensure funder requirements are met.
- Attend and participate in meetings, including staff
meetings, as required.
- Provide regular written and verbal reports to Line Manager, Board of Directors or
subcommittees, Community and Funders on the activities being undertaken.
- Maintain effective financial
systems to comply with NGCFI financial policies and procedures and ensure activities stay within budgets,
including recording income from sales and classes.
- Undertake any other relevant duties or projects delegated by the line manager which are in line with the
responsibilities of the post.
- Attend local community events and network meetings events to represent NGCFI when required
- To comply with the NGCFI Handbook and policies therein.
- Keep up to date with good practice and legislation relevant to the role and service, including but not limited to Adult Protection, Data Protection, Confidentiality, Equalities and Health & Safety.
- Attend training and development opportunities in line with the overall needs of the organisation and individual, in particular to meet changing needs, new technology developments, and service requirements.
Closing date: 23 rd October
CV and cover letter to email@example.com