The ALLIANCE is excited to be recruiting for a new Events and Communications Officer to join our team.
The Events and Communications Officer will create engaging communications and deliver high quality events (online and in-person). The post holder will raise awareness and maintain a high profile for ALLIANCE programmes and activities.
The successful candidate for this role would be expected to have:
• Experience of administering, developing and overseeing events
• Experience of monitoring and evaluating events
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience of engaging with people in interactive and creative ways
• Understanding and commitment to equal opportunities and non-discrimination
• Strong understanding of accessibility issues
• Ability to work effectively and innovatively as part of a team
• IT skills in word processing, email, internet and databases
• Social media proficiency, particularly Instagram, Twitter (X), LinkedIn and Facebook
As an ALLIANCE employee you will benefit from:
• 210 hours annual leave (equivalent of 30 days)
• 13 days public holiday that can be taken flexibly
• Additional leave between Christmas and New Year
• Contributory pension scheme
• Open to flexible working (formal and informal)
• Hybrid working – opportunity to work from home for part of the week
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Enhanced sick pay
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Learning and development opportunities
• Corporate rates for gym membership
• Time of in lieu
• Cycle Scheme
• Carer Positive Employer
The ALLIANCE is a healthy working lives employer and encourages a healthy work life balance and is happy to talk flexible working.
The ALLIANCE recognises that in real life, great people don’t always ‘tick all the boxes’. Even if you don’t meet every point on the job description, if this role and our organisation feels like a good fit for you, we still want to hear from you.
For an application pack please see our website at alliance-scotland.org.uk/blog/jobs/events-and-communication-officer, or contact HR at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 9 October 2023.
Interviews will be held on week beginning 23 October 2023.
About the Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland
The Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE) is an independent Scottish Charity funded by a grant from the Scottish Government. Our vision is for a Scotland where people of all ages who are disabled or living with long term conditions, and unpaid carers, have a strong voice and enjoy their right to live well, as equal and active citizens, free from discrimination, with support and services that put them at the centre.
The ALLIANCE has three core aims; we seek to:
• Ensure people are at the centre, that their voices, expertise, and rights drive policy and sit at the heart of design, delivery and improvement of support and services.
• Support transformational change, towards approaches that work with individual and community assets, helping people to stay well, supporting human rights, self-management, co-production, and independent living.
• Champion and support the third sector as a vital strategic and delivery partner and foster better cross-sector understanding and partnership.
For details on how your applications will be dealt with in line with GDPR please see our privacy notice.