We are recruiting for a Director of People to join our Leadership team.
Working closely with our CEO, Remunerations and Nominations Committee, Board and wider organisation, the post holder
will lead the development and implementation of a people strategy and framework, designed to support our growth
and deliver strategic goals in a rapidly changing environment.
Right There is a charity working to prevent people becoming homeless and separated from their loved ones.
We’re here for children and adults who are living with the effects of poverty, addiction or broken relationships.
Walking alongside people at home and in the community, we provide tailored support and form trusting
relationships to help people feel happier, safer and more confident to live their lives.
Rooted in communities across Scotland for almost 200 years, we’re there for people going through tough times. Our
work won’t stop until everyone has an equal chance to create a safe and supportive place to call home.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Carry out a Job Design review to ensure clarity on role responsibilities emphasising accountability and
- Complete a Job Evaluation review to ensure jobs are fairly and accurately
measured and rewarded to support Right There strategic goals
- Ensure both projects are benchmarked
externally against appropriate organisations
- Develop and embed a framework which clearly articulates the
behaviours associated with success in role and leads to positive culture change
- Focus on the importance
of developing an agile organisation where people are accountable and able to adapt to a rapidly changing
- Provide both strategic leadership and operational management to the People team, promoting best
practice and continuous learning
- Develop and implement policies and practices to improve employee
retention, where metrics show there is a need
- Develop and implement effective and efficient People
management information systems, utilising technology to reduce costs, to support strategic
- Ensure HR governance is in place for management information, data security, systems
integrity, risk management and business continuity planning
- Promote the health, safety and welfare of
employees and volunteers ensuring Right There and legislative requirements are met
- Keep abreast of
legislative changes which impact on the work carried out by the People team, alerting the Leadership Team well
in advance of significant changes coming
- Working hours are 35 per week worked Monday to Friday
- Your core place of work is 15 Dava Street,
Glasgow, G51 2JA
- Annual leave entitlement of 210 hours holiday (equivalent to 6 weeks) pro rata per year
in the first year rising to 280 hours (equivalent to 8 weeks) pro rata per year in the second. This includes
We’re looking for you to have gained extensive HR experience across a variety of sectors and/or organisations. We’re
also looking for you to be an excellent leader with senior management experience with a focus on business
partnering as well as being an excellent communicator and influencer.