An excellent opportunity has become available for a Senior Support Worker to lead our At Home programme based at Fusion Supported Accommodation.
Our Fusion programme provides high-quality supported accommodation for young people aged 16-25 that are experiencing a period of homelessness and are transitioning from temporary to permanent or other suitable long-term accommodation.
Right There is a charity working to prevent people becoming homeless and separated from their loved ones.
We’re here for children and adults who are living with the effects of poverty, addiction or broken relationships. Walking alongside people at home and in the community, we provide tailored support and form trusting relationships to help people feel happier, safer and more confident to live their lives.
Rooted in communities across Scotland for almost 200 years, we’re there for people going through tough times. Our work won’t stop until everyone has an equal chance to create a safe and supportive place to call home.
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
• Developing positive, respectful and compassionate relationships with the people we support, focusing on their strengths and aspirations as individuals.
• Developing positive and supportive relationships with your staff team.
• Having a high standard of professional integrity with colleagues and other professionals.
• Establishing clear professional boundaries with the people we support.
• Ensuring person centred planning and unconditional positive regard is undertaken by staff.
• Taking a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) approach.
• Ensuring the needs of the people we support are being met.
• Ensuring risk assessments for those we support are completed and updated.
• Advocating on behalf of the people we support.
• Arranging and facilitating regular support and supervision sessions with your team members, utilising best practice in performance management to ensure staff are supported to undertake their roles.
• Completing yearly appraisals and personal development plans with your staff team.
• Investigating and resolve any complaints made by the people we support.
• Ensuring staff are utilising support plans to record and assess the progress of the people we are supporting.
• Having detailed knowledge of other relevant programmes.
• Ensuring a safe environment for those we support, our employees, and others, including a high standard of accommodation is provided.
• Regularly auditing the files of those we support.
• Compiling Right There Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and any required local authority returns / reports.
What we expect from you
Our values make us who we are and define our actions and behaviours every day. We’d expect the post-holder to uphold and represent our organisation in a way that reflects our values and person-centred way of working.
We need you to be qualified to SVQ level 3 H&SC or SCQF equivalent or be willing to work towards this. We also need you to have or be willing to undertake, additional management training in line with the role and SSSC requirements.
You will have gained experience of working with vulnerable young people and you will be able to demonstrate your leadership skills and have the ability to support staff to develop skills in assessment, support planning, risk assessment and reviews as well as the ability to manage staffing issues on daily basis.
What can you expect from us?
Your normal working hours are an average of 39 per week. These hours will be worked between Monday to Sunday, in shifts which are defined by your line manager on a rolling rota, over a 52-week period. The rota will be available to you a minimum of one week in advance. You may be required to work different shift times, with reasonable notice, in agreement with your line manager.
Your normal place of work will be 1 West Pilton View, Edinburgh, EH4 4DZ
Annual leave entitlement of 234 hours holiday (equivalent to 6 weeks) pro rata per year in the first year rising to 312 hours (equivalent to 8 weeks) pro rata per year in the second. This includes public holidays.
For the full list of benefits, you can visit our website at rightthere.org/whats-it-like
Thanks, and good luck!