The ALLIANCE is excited to be recruiting for a new Policy and Information Officer to join our team.
The Policy and Information Officer will play a key role in driving the ALLIANCE’s work to influence policy, informed
by the voice of people who use health and social care support and services.
The role will also support the ALLIANCE’s members (organisations and individuals) to make themselves heard directly
by decision makers.
The successful candidate for this role would be expected to have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
understanding of public policy and politics in Scotland
- Strong knowledge of current agendas relating to
health and social care in Scotland
- Understanding and experience of the third
- Understanding and commitment to: equal opportunities; non-discrimination; and the principle of
people being the experts in their own lives and being at the heart of policy, support and
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent IT
As an ALLIANCE employee you will benefit from:
- 210 hours annual leave (equivalent of 30 days)
- 13 days public holiday that can be taken
- Additional leave between Christmas and New Year
- Contributory pension
- Open to flexible working (formal and informal)
- Hybrid working – opportunity to work from
home for part of the week
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced sick
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Corporate rates
for gym membership
- Time of in lieu
- Cycle Scheme
- Carer Positive Employer
The ALLIANCE is a healthy working lives employer and encourages a healthy work life balance and is happy to talk
The ALLIANCE recognises that in real life, great people don’t always ‘tick all the boxes’. Even if you don’t meet
every point on the job description, if this role and our organisation feels like a good fit for you, we still
want to hear from you.
For an application pack please see our website at www.alliance-scotland.org.uk, or contact HR at
firstname.lastname@example.org. These are also available below.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Thursday 21 September 2023.
Interviews will be held on week beginning 2 October 2023.
About the Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland
The Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE) is an independent Scottish Charity funded by a grant from
the Scottish Government. Our vision is for a Scotland where people of all ages who are disabled or living with
long term conditions, and unpaid carers, have a strong voice and enjoy their right to live well, as equal and
active citizens, free from discrimination, with support and services that put them at the centre.
The ALLIANCE has three core aims; we seek to:
- Ensure people are at the centre, that their voices, expertise, and rights drive policy and sit at the heart of
design, delivery and improvement of support and services.
- Support transformational change, towards
approaches that work with individual and community assets, helping people to stay well, supporting human rights,
self-management, co-production, and independent living.
- Champion and support the third sector as a vital
strategic and delivery partner and foster better cross-sector understanding and partnership.
For details on how your applications will be dealt with in line with GDPR please see our privacy notice.