About the role
As the Partnerships Manager, you will report directly to the Head of Strategic Partnerships and Business Development function for Scotland. You will manage a team of embedded Senior Project Officers working within the partner local authorities and delivering in partnership with a broad range of local stakeholders to develop and deliver local Active Travel Strategies, Visions and Plans.
You will work closely with colleagues to secure funding for our work, capturing and communicating the impacts of better places for people. You will ensure our for everyone values – to strengthen diversity and inclusion across the charity, whilst ensuring that a more systematic approach to the embedding of our ‘for everyone’ principles permeates through our work.
You will advocate for sustainable transport across the region and you will use that platform to influence local decision makers, through engaging in policy and planning work, leading on communications, and contributing to a coordinated approach to business development opportunities in Scotland.
You will build and manage internal and external relationships with key people such as Elected MPs, MSP’s members and others within local government, professional bodies and authorities.
This role will require travel and work at locations as necessary to undertake projects on behalf of Sustrans.
You should be an experienced leader, expert at developing and maintaining relationships at senior levels in a variety of sectors e.g. Local Authority, business and industry bodies. You should have line management experience and substantial experience of project management, including budget management.
You must have the ability to communicate authoritatively and persuasively to a range of audiences; with demonstrable experience of remote and face-to-face partnership development techniques.
We aim to be a truly inclusive employer and welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, in particular from under-represented groups.
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
What we offer
In return we can offer hybrid working from home and a nearby Sustrans Hub, and a truly flexible, supportive and rewarding working environment.
• 26 days’ flexible leave per annum (plus bank holidays for full-time working)
• Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff)
• Staff volunteer days
• 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service
• We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes
• Group Personal Pension scheme with a 5% or 6% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans
• Bike, computer and season ticket loans
• Discount benefits
• London Weighting Allowance of £4,195 for all those living within a London Borough (32 local authority districts plus the City of London)
• Death in Service benefit – 3 x annual Salary
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Flexible Working practices (full time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday)
• Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 14 August 2023
• Interviews will take place via MS Teams on 29 August 2023
At Sustrans you'll be part of a movement to make it easier for people to walk and cycle.
We're all here to change things! You’ll be part of an incredible community of talented, passionate, creative, problem solvers all working together to change things for the better. We act locally and think big - we have a vision of a society where the way we travel creates healthier places and happier lives for everyone.
You'll be questioning the status quo and daring to imagine a different world. You'll work on exciting, impactful projects that will stretch and empower you and you'll be rewarded by seeing the difference you make to people, communities and the planet.
We believe including everyone is central to who we are and what we want to achieve, we welcome difference and pride ourselves on creating a culture where you can be yourself and where your wellness is supported.
You'll be guaranteed to make friends for life and work with a team that is incredibly flexible, supportive, ethical and fun.