About the role
We have a new and exciting opportunity to join us as an Engineer as part of the Design, Engineering and Assurance team in Scotland.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer and supporting the core team, you will be working with local communities to design and deliver outstanding cycling and walking infrastructure.
This is a unique opportunity to develop your design, built environment and project delivery skills within a world class active travel team. In your daily practice you will apply your academic knowledge in design, engineering and the built environment to developing real-world solutions that achieve Sustrans mission – to make it easier to walk and cycle for everyone.
We offer true hybrid working, a flexible mix of working from home and occasional travel to the nearest office hub in either Edinburgh or Glasgow. Candidates should be based within the geographical area with regular travel expected to the nominated hub.
We are looking for a talented designer who is passionate about infrastructure design, someone who would like the freedom to express themselves creatively.
You should have experience of infrastructure design, evaluation or appraisal. Skilled in producing engineering drawings, technical reports, feasibility studies and engagement materials.
You will be skilled and competent in using design software such as AutoCAD, AutoTurn. Experience with GIS would be desirable but not essential.
With proven experience of managing small, clearly defined projects, you will demonstrate good planning and organisation skills including working to tight deadlines and managing own tasks across multiple projects.
If you want to enhance your existing skills and develop new ones – we will support your professional development towards incorporated or chartered status.
Sustrans has a long-term commitment to being a charity for everyone - reducing inequality, valuing diversity, enabling inclusion and ensuring all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to be a truly inclusive employer and welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, in particular from under-represented groups.
What we offer
In return we can offer true hybrid working to suit individual circumstances and a flexible, supportive and rewarding working environment.
28 days’ leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working
Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff)
Staff volunteer days
24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service
We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes
Group Personal Pension scheme with a 5% or 6% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans
Bike, computer and season ticket loans
London Weighting Allowance of £4,195 for all those living within a London Borough (32 local authority districts plus the City of London)
Death in Service benefit – 3 x annual Salary
Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Flexible Working practices (full time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday)
Could you be part of something different? We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to use their gifts, skills and experience to make a difference to the lives of the people in our parishes and communities.
Aberdeen North Parish Church are looking for someone with experience of implementing and running a wide range of church and community groups, to join the ministry team to assist in the deliver of the missional responsibilities of the congregation. As well as being positive and enthusiastic with the ability to enthuse and encourage others, you will also be having a willingness to try new initiatives and ways of working.
It is essential that the successful candidate is a committed Christian with a live church connection, this is a genuine occupational requirement in terms of the Equalities Act 2010.
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Dove Centre for a full-time driver to join our fast growing team. Hours are 35 per week Monday to Friday. A D1 license is essential, MiDAS (Minibus Drivers Awareness Scheme) and first aid qualifications would be preferred although full training can be given. Due to insurance requirements applicants must be aged between 35 and 75. This role involves working with older people and people with various disabilities, experience would be preferred but again full training will be given.
Salary is circa £20k per annum with pension contributions paid through workplace pension.
We need a compassionate individual who has an interest in our community and wants to contribute towards enhancing the lives of older people and other minority groups in which our transport makes a difference to their lives.
Lead our Dunfermline branch and assume responsibility for the management of the on-site staff, reporting weekly to the General Manager.
Leading by example, work towards continually improving standards of customer service, managing sales staff to create an engaging, proactive, efficient sales environment.
Develop new ways of promoting sales, broadening the sales range. Focus on implementing online store and online marketplace sales for the Dunfermline branch.
Handle customer complaints to a satisfactory resolution, acting on any lessons learned by implementing change to avoid further complaints. Marketing - Identify new markets and customer bases. Be involved in the use of social media to promote the work of the charity, maximizing visibility, answer customer comments/ messages, increasing awareness and levels of sales/donations.
Manage the sales and operations teams for Dunfermline (currently 3) as well as volunteer recruitment and co-ordination.
• Co-ordinate and supervise the activities of operations staff, volunteers, and work placements.
• Ensure the smooth running of the warehouse in conjunction with the van crews.
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Regulations throughout the workplace, ensuring safe working practices by all members of staff.
• Ensure that all goods into the warehouse are stored in their correct designated area to minimise any potential damage and that any repairs/cleaning needs are carried out by an appropriate team member.
• Ensure that all goods out of the warehouse are managed appropriately to minimise any damage.
• Conduct regular checks/surveys on the warehouse reporting any maintenance requirements to the assistant manager / general manager.
• Support other team members of staff by collaborating with them and assisting them to improve their on-the-job skills, reporting any training needs to the assistant manager / general manager.
• Ensure deliveries and collections are conducted daily in a timely manner.
• Ensure drivers are carrying out regular vehicle maintenance checks and assist as appropriate, reporting any maintenance requirements to the assistant manager / general manager.
• Ensure drivers are restraining collected items correctly to prevent damage and/or accidents.
• Ensure drivers have appropriate breaks in accordance with driving hour regulations.
• Supervise loading and unloading of vehicles, recording any damages.
• Check incoming items match collection sheets.
• Consult with sales support staff for any specific requirements for vehicles workloads.
• Assist in driving duties as and when required.
• Work on own initiatives as part of a team to ensure that the mission of Furniture Plus is understood and always promoted.
• Assist with maintaining standards of service to customers.
• Community Engagement – be involved in the promotion of charity amongst local communities, particularly with groups who work with clients that would benefit from our help.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• Experience of developing and promoting online methods of sales
• IT proficient with skills in EPOS systems, Content Management Systems, and other office tools such as Word and Excel.
• Proven track record in sales in a managerial role, managing people and customers.
• Experience in Preparing and agreeing performance management agreements and in year and end of year reports.
• Knowledge and practical experience of working in a warehouse environment.
• Ability to demonstrate a creative approach.
• Ability to deal with the physical demands of the role.
• Be sympathetic with and supportive of the aims of the charity.
The post holder may be required to perform duties appropriate to the post other than those given in this Job Description or as directed by the operations/sales co-ordinator. The duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and would not in themselves justify reconsideration of the grading
Cassiltoun are committed to regenerating our community not only through first class housing services but by our wider community development work. We also work closely with our subsidiary companies and in partnership with other organisations and agencies.
Our Community Team delivers a range of projects that respond to community aspirations and seek to address local issues through an asset-based community development approach. This includes community art initiatives, a community woodland project (Castlemilk Park), digital inclusion support, youth work, health and wellbeing activities, a large number of events, community gardening, community food initiatives, and a volunteer development programme – at the centre of all of these is participation and involvement from the local community.
We have an opportunity to join the team as a Community Woodland Assistant. This is a fixed term post until 31st March 2024 for 7 hours to 11 hours per week with the preferred available days being a Tuesday and/or a Thursdays.
Small for All is looking for a highly motivated individual to work alongside our Charity Founder to ensure the smooth running of the charity, in particular the warehouse.
The post holder will provide operational support in the warehouse, including key holding responsibilities, room set-up, cleaning and other tasks to ensure the warehouse runs smoothly. They will also have responsibility for managing our volunteers on a day-to-day basis and dealing with Royal Mail as well as other administration responsibilities.
The position requires a high level of organisational skill, competence in a range of information technology applications such as email and Microsoft Teams and the ability to work well with others.
A full Job Description and Person Specification is available to download below.