Purpose: to take forward community and volunteering development as the VAA locality worker within a specific
geography. As a locality development worker you will be expected to work at strategic and operational level and
take forward the strategic decision making of VAA within locality partnership settings. More specifically post
holders are expected to develop a competence in the following areas of work;
- Young people and volunteering- working with schools, communities and voluntary orgs to develop further the
saltire awards and accredited qualification outcomes.
- To build a capacity of voluntary organisations,
volunteering groups and aspiring social
- To work in partnership with Health and
Social Care Partnership (HSCP) and Community Planning Partnership (CPP) developments at an operational
- To develop local empowerment opportunities through meaningful community engagement approaches
with local communities, organisations and volunteer movements.
- To promote and develop local volunteering
including my street volunteering, and build buoyant
- volunteering cultures where all people are inspired
- To facilitate and co-facilitate volunteer management and volunteer skills
- To facilitate and support local Third Sector forums.
- Support Social prescribers within
the area by making links and feeding back.
- Build Community assets and opportunities.
support the start-up of organisations by helping with constitutions and organisations support.
- Work in
partnership with our HSCP and CPP colleagues.
- Support volunteering by promotion, identify opportunities
and matching individuals.
- Small community group support PVG, Governance etc.
- Make links with
local health workers in order to identify other opportunities through VAA online directory system and other
means to prevent people being placed on care packages.
- Working with communities and voluntary
organisations to promote Saltire and accredited qualification outcomes.
- Build capacity of volunteering
groups and aspiring Social Enterprises first point of contact.
- Facilitate and co -facilitate volunteer
management and skills training.
- Engage with communities and groups to establish needs and wants in order
to promote preventive work around mental health and wellbeing.
This list is not exhausted you may be required to carry out other duties, and also you may be required to work in the
evenings and at weekends.
For an application pack, please contact Katrina Taylor email@example.com.
Closing Date for this post is Friday 1st March 2024