A fantastic opportunity to come and join the Children 1st team in East Ayrshire
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our new and innovative Restorative Family Group Decision Making Service in East Ayrshire. The new team and model of relational and restorative approaches, including Family Group Decision Making, will play a pivotal role in the delivery and development of the service, ensuring high quality relationships with children and families and working alongside our partners to evidence impact.
You will join our new service and team, to provide a vital role in supporting colleagues at various levels. The role of the Administrator is also a central point of contact for families and external agencies, so we invite candidates to bring a relational approach to their administrative skills and experience.
What kind of person will make a great Administrator for Children 1st?
• will possess excellent administrative, IT and financial skills to support the work of Children 1st
• provide a front-line reception service, as the first point of contact to external visitors, answering questions and responding to queries using own initiative as appropriate to ensure a relational and responsive service is provided
• ability to maintain diaries, schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments
• a cool head and clear minded at times of pressure
• thinks it’s a privilege to work for and on behalf of children and families and
• is kind and will bring their whole selves to the job: heart and mind
If you have an interest in supporting the activities of a compassionate and committed staff team then we would like to hear from you. In particular, we are seeking to further enhance our diversity from the perspective of ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender and disability.
You will be based in Mauchline, East Ayrshire.
Salary, Conditions, Pension
We will offer you a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement (40 days (pro rata) inclusive of 7 public holidays), flexible working opportunities and a contributory pension scheme.
Ideally the hours will be worked across 3 or 4 days, with flexibility. This post may suit someone looking for employment within school hours, i.e. 9.30am – 3pm.
Closing date: Thursday 22nd February 2024 at 5pm. Interview date will be Monday 04 March 2024.
The selection process will include seeking PVG Scheme/Disclosure information.
Children 1st is the working name of the Royal Scottish Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children. Registered Charity No: SC 016092
Equal opportunities matter to Children 1st