Partners in Advocacy has established itself as one of Scotland’s leading providers of independent advocacy, delivering exceptional advocacy services since 1998.
We are thrilled to present a wonderful opportunity within our supportive and welcoming Edinburgh team. As an independent advocacy worker, you will have the privilege of providing one-on-one independent advocacy to individuals aged 16 and above with learning or physical disabilities, autism as well as older people. Through this role, you will ensure that their voices and wishes are heard, enabling them to make informed choices, protect their rights and have a meaningful impact on decisions that affect their lives.
Benefits of working for Partners in Advocacy include:
• Working for a values driven organisation that strives to support and empower staff
• Employment on a contract that has been secured until 31st July 2028 with the potential for a further two-year extension
• Working in a diverse range of community and clinical settings as well as the option of working from home and/or our Musselburgh based office
• Comprehensive training and ongoing support in your new role
• A generous annual leave and public holiday entitlement of 37 days with further annual increments
• Regular support and supervision sessions with your line manager
• Core hours daytime Monday to Friday working
• Frequent professional and reflective support sessions with your team
• Continuous professional development opportunities throughout the wider organisation
• Free access to a wellbeing resource funded by Partners in Advocacy
• Free access to mental health resources such as free counselling sessions
• Employer contributory pension scheme
We strongly encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. If you believe your skills, experience, and expertise align with the criteria outlined in the person specification, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please complete the application form, ensuring that you provide examples of how your knowledge and experience fulfil each aspect of the person specification.
Partners in Advocacy takes pride in being a Disability Confident Employer, fully committed to creating an inclusive and accessible work environment.
For information on independent advocacy please see the SIAA website: siaa.org.uk/what-is-independent-advocacy
For an informal chat about the post or any other enquiries, please contact email@example.com and a member of the team will get back to you.
Please note that we cannot accept CVs.
Closing date for completed applications: Friday 1 March 2024 at 5 p.m.
Interviews will be held remotely and likely to take week commencing: Monday 11 March 2024