As Community and Events Fundraiser, you will be a crucial part of a dynamic and growing team, working closely with
our Fundraising Manager.
Our ideal candidate will have some fundraising experience as well as strong organisational, communication and data
management skills, with the ability to work within a fast-paced team. This post would be ideal for someone with
a love of organisation, an interest in fundraising and a passion for improving lives.
Alongside the Community and Volunteer Fundraiser, the post holder will be the first point of contact for the
Fundraising and Communications team and assist in the delivery of our events programme. The broad
responsibilities will be:
- Building and maintaining strong fundraising relationships
- Provide 1 to 1 support with our fundraisers
and help them maximise the activities and continue that support throughout their stewardship so we retain their
- Work with our mass participation participants to help them achieve their fundraising
- Help with the delivery and development of an exciting and busy events programme.
- Providing outstanding supporter care as the key contact for community and event fundraising enquiries at the
- Ensuring Foundation stewardship processes are followed throughout the supporter journey by
providing one to one support for community fundraising events.
- Attending events to represent My Name’5
Doddie Foundation, including community fundraising events when appropriate.
- Deliver various event
projects across the UK including but not limited to our presence at Great North Run, Edinburgh Marathon, and
Royal Highland Show.
- Manage and maintain all mass participation registration platforms.
- Upload events and registration forms
onto the Foundation website.
- Help with the creation of marketing plans for our events
- Work with the Fundraising Administrator to create and send fundraising packs in a timely
- Maintaining the Foundation’s supporter database and keeping their details up to
- Maintaining the fundraising calendar of activities and tasks.
- Work with the fundraising
manager to create event plans.
- Set up and de-rig event equipment.
Supporter and Internal Comms
- Working with the Digital Lead and Fundraising Manager, to co-ordinate regular social media activity for the
- Produce monthly updates for the Foundation and stakeholders and help produce board
reports every 3 months.
- Actively seek new third party event opportunities for the
- Work with our third-party suppliers and maintain good relationships with
- Ensure the CRM system is updated to maximise learning and supporter experience.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in fundraising and/or event delivery.
- Experience using fundraising platforms
e.g JustGiving, Enthuse, Give As You Live.
- Driver’s licence and access to a car.
verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Office 365 including Excel and
- Experience using customer/donor databases.
- Experience in a customer service
- Excellent inter-personal and communications skills.
- Experience working in a busy, diverse
- Effective at building relationships with people
- Natural problem solver with the ability to
prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to manage time
- Comfortable to work with minimal supervision, but as part of a team.
and hard-working team member with a positive and collaborative work ethic.
- Desire to learn and develop a
career in fundraising.
About the My Name’5 Doddie Foundation
Our vision: The Foundation is committed to helping improve the lives of those affected by Motor Neuron Disease. We
help to fund grants, giving considerable sums to our friends at MND Association and MND Scotland to administer
to individuals and families living with MND.
We do this by: Working in partnership with existing frontline care providers to ensure the holistic needs of patients
and their families are understood and met. We do this through supporting our friends at MND Scotland and MND
Association who conduct the due diligence and manage these grants on our behalf.
We initiate and encourage research to better understand the information and support needs of MND patients and their
We engage with patients through the provision of information about latest developments and the opportunity to shape
research priorities clinical trials and rapidly translating results into clinical practice.
Our vision is underpinned by our five main Strategic Pillars:
- Love, Fun & Hope
How we work:
- Making the best decisions
- Leading by example
- Being good colleagues, team-mates and friends
- Finding solutions
- Adapting to change and delivering improvements
- Work well together
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org