The HR Officer will play both an advisory and operational role. The role provides generalist HR advice and support to all team members whilst supporting the smooth day to day running of HR operations. Reporting to the HR Business Partner, the HR Officer will support and advise Line Managers and team members on all aspects of the HR lifecycle.
In addition the HR Officer will also participate as a contributor to the People team, working toward a consistent employment experience for all withYOU team members.
You will not only have the right experience on paper but also the right personal 'fit' - you will live and breathe our culture and values, with a visible passion for the work we do and a desire to be part of our transformational journey.
Regular travel to withYOU’s service locations will be required.
Responsibilities of the HR Officer
• With the HRBPs, support employee relations issues across the organisation.
• Keep abreast of all appropriate legislation in the UK and ensure a base understanding of employment relations basics.
• Manage queries relating to team member employment terms and benefits.
• Manage the day to day HR lifecycle for all withYOU team members. withYOU have a combination of automated and paper based systems, requiring the HR Officer to quickly navigate these systems and processes in order to support HR operations effectively.
• Manage the day to day benefit administration including change reporting, benefit improvement and benefit advisory.
• Manage and administer the contracting process for all new starts with the support of the HR Assistant.
• Ensuring people files, data and reporting for withYOU is up to date and accurate in BreatheHR.
• Support with the administration of the policies and procedures that govern employment for withYOU, partnering across the organisation to make improvements where relevant.
• Contribute towards the development and improvement of HR processes and procedures.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Professional Qualifications
• CIPD or SCQF qualification in Human Resource Management or experience equivalent.
Experience & Skills
• Demonstrable experience working in fast paced, fluid, Human Resources function
• Be a recognised top performer with energy, intelligence, strong analytical skills and highly evolved interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrable history of providing excellent customer service and a high level of attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of HR best practices.
• A historically demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
• Be able to interrogate data and use data sources to support evidence-based people decision making.
• Proven experience and intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as the ability to navigate the Internet/intranet.
• Social care sector experience and/or interest preferred.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment prone to rapid change. The most successful withYOU team members have a positive approach, a strong commitment to teamwork and personal accountability and the ability to be flexible and ensure that effective communication is a priority in all situations.
It is withYOU’s policy to encourage the personal development of staff. withYOU will support staff in line with the requirements of the job and the responsibilities of the organisation;
All staff will attend statutorily required training and have access to training appropriate to the requirements of the role and their personal development;
All staff will receive regular and responsive social care supervision from their line manager.
Application deadline 30/11/2023