Are you a passionate and motivated individual looking to make a difference in your community?
Glasgow North East Foodbank (GNEF) is recruiting for a friendly, approachable and customer orientated Foodbank Manager to join our friendly, supportive team including volunteers at our foodbank on the North East of Glasgow.
Our new Foodbank Manager will join us on a part-time, 2 year fixed term basis (with the potential for the role to become permanent), working a contract of 30hrs per week, earning a salary of £25,225 per annum / £16.17 per hour.
About GNE Foodbank
We are a local charity which aims to support those in need in our community. We were established in 2013 as part of the Trussell Trust network by Calton Parkhead Parish Church and currently operate from 5 centres all located with the North East area of Glasgow, which is recognised as having areas of multiple deprivation.
What are we looking for in our Foodbank Manager?
You will be self-motivated, with good people, management, influencing and fundraising skills / experience. You will have the ability to work with people at all levels and be able to work under pressure to enable the efficient and effective running of foodbank services. As a Christian ethos is central to the work of our foodbank and is reflected in its close relationship with Calton Parkhead Church, which hosts our main hub location, The Trussell Trust and the other churches that host our distribution centres it is important that you are passionate about the work of the foodbank, aligned with our ethos and committed to our values.
Key responsibilities of the role of the Foodbank Manager
• Work closely with our Board of Trustees to deliver our vision for the foodbank
• Central management of the Glasgow North East Foodbank
• Supervise both paid employees and volunteers
• Operational oversight of the warehouse and distribution centres
• Public relations and the development of the foodbank
• Working with the Board of Trustees develop new services and support packages.
• Work with other churches, organisations, community groups and stakeholders to support those affected by food poverty in the north east of Glasgow
Key personal attributes of the role of the Foodbank Manager
• Ability to lead, motivate, train and support staff and volunteers,
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines,
• Passionate about tackling poverty, deprivation and injustice and wanting to actively contribute to helping those in need or who are marginalised in their community,
• A non-judgmental and positive attitude towards people who are in need,
• Be trauma informed and experienced in this area,
• A flexible approach to working hours (some weekend and evening work will be required),
• Be fully supportive of the vision and values of the Glasgow North East Foodbank, The Trussell Trust and Calton Parkhead Parish Church,
Why work with the Glasgow North East Foodbank?
Mission, Vision and Values
Our Mission is to support people in crisis in the North East of Glasgow. To make sure that no-one in our community goes hungry.
Our Vision of for a Glasgow North East without the need for foodbanks. We say this because it's not right that anyone cannot afford their own food. That's why we are working for a just, compassionate future, where no-one should have to use a food bank to get by.
Our values and a Christian ethos are the foundation of everything we do. We will always treat everyone with respect, care, dignity and compassion and will work with partners in the community to be the difference.
• Competitive salary
• Auto enrolment pension with GNEF contribution
• Excellent holiday entitlement
• Flexible working arrangements
GNEF takes its safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we would like you to be aware that all positions within our organisation require to be Enhanced Disclosure checked and have tow satisfactory references, including your current or most recent employer, if applicable.
We are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in everything we do, including recruitment. Please advise if you need any reasonable adjustments during our recruitment and interview process.
Please apply by sending your c.v. and covering letter to our Secretary at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 27th November 2023 with 1st and 2nd interviews taking place during December with a potential start date in January.