The role of Practitioner in our women's services is vital to help us achieve our aim of ensuring, everyone has a
home, a place in their community and a network of positive relationships that, support them to build the life
Practitioners recognise people’s strengths and work alongside them to build their confidence, self-efficacy,
resilience, and motivation and help them feel safe and to heal from trauma they have experienced. Practitioners
also support people to develop practical skills, maximise them, income, develop healthier coping skills, problem
solving skills, social skills, and employability skills that will assist them in creating the life they
This role will be within one of our women's accommodation services supporting women who. have experienced
domestic abuse and other forms of gender-based violence and will require shift working.
- To be proactive, highly organised, a problem solver, have a positive outlook, be approachable, friendly,
- Experience of working within a safeguarding framework working with vulnerable people
who may have complex support needs.
- Strong personal and professional values that align with our
organisational values of integrity, excellence, dignity, and support.
- Good understanding of domestic
abuse and other forms of gender-based violence, homelessness, trauma, and adversity and how it impacts life
- A commitment to learning and developing and putting this into practice.
- A commitment
to individual supervision and appraisal processes and motivated to action the personal development
- Membership of regulatory bodies required of the role and application of the codes and standards
to their practice.
- Experience as a keyworker and commitment to undertaking all duties required of this
- Experience of completing casefiles to ensure they are up to date with clear and concise
- A commitment to learning and developing and putting knowledge and skills into
- Regular attendance at reflective practice group sessions, engagement in regular casework
review meeting with the Senior Practitioner or Service Manager.
- Engaged in the wider organisation’s
activities, commitment to working in partnership with other organisations and professionals to support
- Honest, trustworthy, and respectful to colleagues, people they support, partners, commissioners,
and all other stakeholders.
- Committed to excellence and engage in improvement plans for the services and
- Keep up to date with and follow and apply policies and procedures, standards, and
codes of practice.
- Proficiency using a range of IT tools to carry out your work, including using case
management systems, Microsoft Office applications, the Internet and email.
- Excellent interpersonal
skills with people who use our services, colleagues, and partners.
- Have a good standard of English and
maths and able to produce clear written communications in the form of case notes, reports, diary entries, case
The Organisation’s benefits to Practitioners:
- 35 days holiday, rising to 40 after 5 years.
- Pension with People’s Pension (employees 3%; employers 5%)
- Access to advice and support through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 15% shop staff discount plus free delivery for items purchased in our furniture store.
- Access shop discount offers.
- 20% café discount (food and soft drinks)
- Access to a staff support fund to help with unexpected one-off costs.
- Free travel costs (up to £100) for the first month of employment for those joining from education or unemployment
- Involvement in Four Square’s strategy planning
The closing date of application is 9th December 2023
Please visit to our website foursquare.org.uk
Please send your completed application form to email@example.com