A fantastic opportunity to come and join the Children 1st team in North Ayrshire
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our Family Wellbeing Service in North Ayrshire, with a specific focus in Early Years, age 0-4 years. There may also be a focus on working alongside families at pre-birth stage where there is no existing agency involvement. Children 1st alongside our partners in North Ayrshire Council, children and families, will provide early help which is easily accessible and non-stigmatising. The team and model of support will play a pivotal role in the delivery and development of the service, ensuring high quality relationships with children and families and working alongside our partners to evidence impact. We are therefore looking to recruit a dynamic, experienced individual who can drive the successful development and growth of this partnership across North Ayrshire.
Children 1st along with partners share a determination to act upon the recommendations from The Independent Care Review and deliver The Promise to children and young people. We are also determined that the full incorporation of the UNCRC means that children will have their rights respected in all areas of their lives and will have a real say in the way they are supported. If you share this determination, we would love to hear from you.
What kind of people are we looking for?
• has experience of keeping children safe in their own families
• is fiercely passionate about children’s rights
• thinks it’s a privilege to work with and on behalf of children and families and,
• is kind and will bring their whole selves to the job: heart and mind
What kind of Family Wellbeing team member will you be?
Knowing our ambition for children, you will be someone who is:
• resilient, skilled and knowledgeable who wants to transform children’s lives
• determined to support children to stay safely with their own family
• big hearted and courageous
• able to build strong relationships and to manage the tricky conversations
• is compassionate and understanding of trauma
• a cool head and clear minded at times of pressure
• inspiring colleagues and teams to be even better
• an amazing ambassador for children and Children 1st
Above all else, the most important thing to us is that you are someone who will do the right thing for children and their families at every turn.
You will be based in our North Ayrshire HUB and will travel to connect with other parts of the organisation once Scottish Guidelines permit this and it is safe for you and colleagues.
Salary, Conditions, Pension
We will offer you a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement (40 days inclusive of 9 public holidays), flexible working opportunities and a contributory pension scheme.
Closing date: Friday 13th August at noon. It is anticipated that interviews will be held virtually during week beginning 23rd August 2021.
For further information and to apply, please visit https://www.children1st.org.uk/who-we-are/about-children-1st/jobs/project-worker-early-years/
Children 1st has a long tradition of valuing and involving sessional and volunteer workers. To find out more about volunteering with us, please visit our website.
The selection process will include seeking PVG Scheme
Children 1st is the working name of the Royal Scottish Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children. Registered Charity No: SC 016092
Equal opportunities matter to Children 1st