The Big Hoose Project was established in December 2021 to support children and families experiencing poverty across
Fife with essential household items. We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, highly committed and
customer-focused Distribution Centre Manager to join our friendly and dynamic team.
The position would suit someone with experience in delivering outstanding customer service and leading people in a
warehouse environment incorporating both inbound and outbound operations.
- Engage, direct and support a small team to safely and efficiently receive, sort, check and pack customer orders
- Develop processes and independently identify opportunities to improve the customer
journey and operational efficiency
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with customers,
suppliers, volunteers and visitors
- Experience in customer facing roles across operations / supply chain / logistics / e-commerce or
- Ability to lead and motivate people in a fast paced, dynamic and customer-focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication, decision making, coaching and personal
- Experience of using and analysing data using Excel, and maintaining accurate stock
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work in a very rewarding environment where you will see first-hand, the benefits that the project delivers on a daily basis
- An opportunity to receive mentorship and support from some of Fife’s leading business people and community leaders with a wide wealth of experience
- The potential for further career advancement in delivering this model and blueprint to other parts of the country accumulating in the potential for area/regional leadership and training others in the Distribution Centre Manager role
Please contact our Business Support Team for an application pack by emailing us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or calling on 01592 269489 / 01592 210189 by 5pm Friday 16th June
Please note that successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK and that
appointment will be subject to a Disclosure Scotland check and 2 references.