This is an exciting time for us as we move forward in the development of our cookery school and chocolate making
facility based in North Glasgow. We are now looking for a chef to join the team to assist the Cookery School
Manager in the growth and delivery of both the commercial cookery school and the community kitchen. This is not
your average chef role, but an opportunity to be part of a vibrant new cookery school where your skills and
creative input are valued and vital to the vision of our enterprise.
If you have proven hospitality/catering experience, a wide-ranging knowledge of different cuisines and techniques and
most importantly exceptional people skills then this could be the role for you.
Ramekin and Rolling Pin is a social enterprise based in East Dunbartonshire run by Silver Stag of Scotland Community
Interest Company, which means we have a social purpose as our driving force. Any profits made are reinvested
into our social purpose.
Ramekin and Rolling Pin aims to address food injustice so that people and communities have the opportunity to access
a healthy and acceptable diet for themselves, their families and their communities whilst also considering the
environmental challenges of the climate emergency, fuel poverty and food insecurity.
Ramekin and Rolling Pin has two main objectives:
- To be a financially viable commercial enterprise which provides cookery workshops to those travelling to
Scotland as visitors and individuals and groups who are looking for a unique experience to celebrate a special
- To provide cookery classes and culinary therapy workshops for those who have experienced
distress, disadvantage or isolation, or whose mental health has been adversely affected.
Our cookery masterclasses and events help fund our community cookery classes and culinary therapy workshops for those
in the local area who have experienced distress, disadvantage or isolation, or whose mental health has been
In the main the successful candidate will assist the Cookery School Manager in the planning and delivery of our
Community Cookery Programmes and our Commercial Cookery School. This will include daily, weekly or monthly
duties (whichever applicable) from the categories below.
1. Facilitating Workshops
- Assisting the CSM in the planning and delivery of easily prepared nutritious meals for sessions ensuring that
content is suitable to the age, physical, emotional and social ability of all participants and is in line with
health and safety standards and healthy eating guidelines.
- Assisting in the sourcing of ingredients,
using fresh produce and/or edible food waste wherever possible
- Preparing the workstations with awareness
of potential risks
- Encouraging participants to try healthy food and promote healthy eating within the
home, drawing upon a common selection of ingredients
- Ensuring that basic food hygiene procedures are
- Preparing for and clearing up after cookery sessions
- Working with and training a group
of volunteers to become peer-to-peer workshop facilitators.
- Working with the CSM to determine marketing and sales strategies to maximise exposure and income
responsibility for monitoring weekly, monthly and annual sales performance and achieving targets for
- Working within an environmental agenda to ensure effective zero waste and waste management
- Assisting in the development and promotion of creative, engaging workshops and
2. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Supporting the CSM in taking part in regular evaluation reviews of programme delivery ensuring the continuous
improvement of our services
- Supporting the CSM in ensuring all data recording is captured accurately
enabling robust impact assessment, delivery of funding agreements and the effective use of our
- Assisting in the writing up of evaluations of the sessions
- To undertake other duties
appropriate to the post in support of the organisation’s smooth functioning
- An interest in and desire to work towards the vision, mission and aims of Ramekin and Rolling Pin including a
commitment to healthy diet and living.
- Well organised with an ability to plan and deliver cookery
classes enthusiastically, within agreed timelines and following set processes
- Ability to respect
individuals and during delivery encourage their interest in food relating to all aspects of their
- Ability to deliver food demonstrations in an engaging, interactive and informal way to all ages
including children and young people, striving for an inclusive approach
- Experience of using and working
within appropriate protocols and procedures such as Cooksafe
- Commitment to working in a values-based
culture including non-discriminatory and equal opportunities practice
- Proven professional cookery
- Elementary Food Hygiene Certificate
- Willingness to undergo PVG
- Experience of cooking food from different cultures (including Scottish)
- Experience of supporting people with higher support needs eg: those with learning difficulties or mental health issues
- Awareness and understanding of community food and health issues
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of working in tourism/visitor experience
Closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 29th November @ 9am.
For an informal chat about the post please contact us on 0845 528 0040
If you are interested in this offer, please send us your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Membership of the PVG scheme will be an essential requirement of the post.