This is an exciting time to join Cruse Scotland as we have recently launched our new 5 year strategy, and are seeking to recruit an experienced professional to oversee financial management, financial governance and risk
The Director of Finance will be a key member of our management team, who will work closely with the Chief Executive and Board of Trustees to oversee Cruse Scotland’s financial management in relation to cashflow and reserves ensuring we have the resources we need to deliver our charitable objectives.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- strategic financial planning for Cruse Scotland
- leading on the organisation’s approach to identifying, assessing, and managing corporate risk, and for advising on formal and regulatory aspects of our governance.
- setting and managing budgets
- improving financial systems and processes to meet the developing needs of the organisation
- procurement and best value guidance
- informing income generation and spending decisions
- leading on Cruse Scotland annual audit
- key point of contact with bank relationship manager and auditor
- supporting the Finance and Audit Committee - comprising Trustees and CEO
- verifying the day-to-day processing of all incoming and outgoing payments through QuickBooks software
- line management responsibility and day to day support to our Office Manager
In addition to financial proficiency, the successful candidate will require experience of staff management and motivation; be an excellent communicator; and be required to take initiative and work independently.
As an inclusive employer, we welcome conversations on flexible working and any reasonable adjustments that may be required.
The role of Director of Finance offers an exciting opportunity for someone to contribute to real change for bereaved people in Scotland. We seek to recruit someone who will share our enthusiasm and help build on our success, through taking responsibility for key aspects of our strategy, whilst working in a supportive environment with a great staff team.
Closing Date: 12noon on Friday 3 February 2022
Interviews: Interviews will be held on Friday 10 February 2023 in Perth
Candidates who wish an informal conversation prior to application submission can make contact directly with our CEO via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org