We are looking for a talented Project Manager with the focus, energy and strong project management skills and the business/social enterprise know how to successfully lead and manage our Social Enterprise in Highland Youth Hubs – My Future, My Success project from start to finish.
The project will enable the development of young people led social enterprises in key youth work organisations in Highland. This will enable the financial sustainability of these ‘Youth Hubs’ as well as providing enterprise and workplace experience for young people. The post holder will work with Academy colleagues and partners in the community to arrange learning programmes which help develop these social enterprises.
Working in partnership with Highland Council this is an exciting new role for someone who is passionate about supporting individuals through learning and development and creating positive opportunities for young people.
Working closely with our Global Learning Lab, your team will lead the way in demonstrating high quality programme delivery and customer service which will be used to support new social franchise Hubs.
We are looking for someone up for working with vibrant, entrepreneurial and dedicated people and colleagues and with a good value-fit with our organisation.
You will be joining the Academy at an exciting time as our Team in Scotland is growing and as we develop as a social franchise and expand delivery of our programmes internationally.
Having the right mind-set, attitude and approach is as important for us as having the right experience and skills. We appreciate that the best person might not have all the listed criteria yet, so if you feel your experience and skills will help you to make a great contribution in this role and you have the right mind-set, we would welcome an application from you.
• To create the support environment in which young people design, develop and operate financially sustainable social enterprises
• To lead and provide effective project management of learning and development programmes for staff, directors and young people of Youth Hubs within the Social Enterprise in Highland Youth Hubs - My Future, My Success project and ensure high quality delivery and client service is maintained throughout
• To lead and project manage the Social Enterprise in Highland Youth Hubs – My Future, My Success SEA/Highland Council contract, producing reports and maintaining good systems and processes
• To contribute to the success and development of Academy programme delivery for the individuals and organisations involved in the project
• To create and manage appropriate partnerships to support the sustainability of Youth Hubs
• Lead, manage and take responsibility for account management of partnership programmes to ensure high quality delivery and key performance indicators are achieved (or exceeded)
• Be the main point of contact and liaise with, update and provide on-going and excellent customer service to partners and learners
• Oversee and take responsibility for effectively planning and delivering on time the key milestones and identified performance indicators for contracts within agreed timescales
• Oversee and take responsibility for preparing, monitoring and accurately reporting on programme and contract budgets, working with the Finance Team and Highland Council against agreed financial targets
• Provide mentoring and other developmental support to emerging social enterprises in the Youth Hubs. This may include bespoking Academy learning products to meet their needs, identifying relevant social enterprises with which they might partner or learn from, and provide connections with ecosystem partners to enable the development of the social enterprises
• To work with the Operations & Partnerships team in creating and implementing the strategic plan for programme delivery and provide input to the growth of each Youth Hub
For a full set of criteria please download the recruitment pack from our website.
We are a social change organisation: we exist to support people who are stepping forward to affect positive social change, wherever they may be. We exist to support the many, not the few.
In many social change contexts, people assume that if one is provided with business advice and investment, social entrepreneurship will emerge. We believe that there is a third element – equally important - the provision of transformational learning and development. Our learning programmes focus on the development of practice: the practice of leadership and the practice of entrepreneurship. We support people to turn up as their best selves.
With an 18 year track record of successful delivery in Scotland, the Social Enterprise Academy has been sharing its business and learning delivery models for the past 9 years with international partners through a social licence approach.
• Complete the application form and the equality and diversity monitoring form
• Send your application form and equality and diversity monitoring form in Word document format to email@example.com by 12pm, Monday 25 April 2022
• Please note that interviews will take place 04 May 2022 via Zoom
More information available at: socialenterprise.academy/scot/join-the-team
If you have any questions or if you would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments for the application or interview process please get in touch: