Who we are:
Scripture Union Scotland is a national charity, with around 100 staff and over 2,000 volunteers. Our vision is to see every child and young person of Scotland exploring the Bible and responding to the significance of Jesus.
We are seeking to recruit a Chief Financial Officer to join our Leadership Team. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the strategic direction of SU Scotland’s ministry in the areas of finance, fundraising, compliance and information technology and to ensure the wise stewardship of our resources.
Reporting to the CEO, and, as a member of the Leadership Team, the Chief Financial Officer will play a strategic role in the delivery and development of our financial and operational priorities to support SU Scotland’s vision.
• Spiritual leadership - demonstrating commitment to the SU Scotland ethos, modelling a Christian lifestyle, values and work practices to staff and volunteers alike.
• Strategy Development - Support the CEO with the successful development and implementation of organisational strategy and provide quarterly reports against objectives (OKRs).
• Financial Leadership – in conjunction with the Head of Finance, develop SU Scotland’s financial strategy and lead and coordinate policy for financial planning and budgetary control.
• Fundraising Leadership – working closely with the Head of Fundraising, bring strategic leadership and energy to ensuring that a rolling fundraising strategy is developed and reviewed, providing for the growing financial needs of the charity.
• Information Technology Leadership – supporting the IT Manager, develop and implement a technically robust and secure IT strategy for SU Scotland that delivers an appropriately creative and effective use of technology across the organisation.
• Drive SU Scotland’s overall property strategy, in particular as regards office property, evaluating and ensuring the organisation’s property interests are an appropriate fit for SU Scotland’s needs and represent sound stewardship.
• Participate fully in the life and ministry of Scripture Union Scotland.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking applicants who have demonstrable senior leadership experience with a strong track record in financial leadership, including communication of high-quality reports to Board. The successful applicant will be able to build constructive working relationships across all levels of the organisation and have proven aptitude for development, communication and implementation of team- and organisation-wide strategies. An ability to think creatively and innovatively is also critical.
For this post, it is important that you are committed to SU Scotland’s ethos, working principles and vision and can demonstrate this through your commitment and motivation. It is also an Occupational Requirement (Equality Act - part 1, schedule 9), that the post-holder is a committed Christian.
More information and an application pack can be downloaded from our website: suscotland.org.uk/jobs
Closing date: Thursday, 26 January 2023
Interview date: Tuesday, 7 February 2023
Scripture Union Scotland is an equitable employer and operates a safeguarding policy. Scottish Charity No. SC01122