Who we are:
Scripture Union Scotland is a national charity, with around 100 staff and over 2,000 volunteers. Our vision is to see every child and young person of Scotland exploring the Bible and responding to the significance of Jesus.
We are seeking to recruit an Individual Giving Manager to join our Fundraising Team. This is a newly created and strategic role to generate and increase our income stream through individual giving.
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising, the Individual Giving Manager, will be responsible for developing and delivering supporter acquisition, retention and stewardship campaigns with a focus on growing income, reach and engagement across a range of Individual Giving fundraising campaigns. This role manages our fundraising appeals, legacy fundraising, regular giving programme, donor acquisition and supporting the wider staff team in fundraising.
• Work with the Head of Fundraising to develop the Individual Giving strategy
• Manage SU Scotland’s existing fundraising programmes in individual giving to maximise returns from existing donor base; achieving the annual targets agreed for all areas of individual giving.
• Develop donor journeys that are based on data and supporter insight, adopting a test-and-learn approach and optimising communications that increase income and supporter loyalty from cold and warm leads
• Manage the improvement and implementation of processes including thanking, data, income coding, and donor record maintenance on the CRM.
• Set up and complete regular reporting, analysing results against KPIs and budgets and making changes as necessary to optimise long-term ROI.
• Participate fully in the life and ministry of Scripture Union Scotland.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking applicants who have fundraising experience of working across a range of individual giving channels and have delivered multi-channel fundraising campaigns. The successful applicant will be able to build constructive working relationships across all levels of the organization. An ability to think creatively and innovatively around fundraising campaigns and supporter communications and stewardship is also critical.
For this post, it is important that you are committed to SU Scotland’s ethos, working principles and vision and can demonstrate this through your commitment and motivation. It is also an Occupational Requirement (Equality Act - part 1, schedule 9), that the post-holder is a committed Christian.
More information and an application pack can be downloaded from our website: suscotland.org.uk/jobs
Closing date: Friday 13 January 2023
Interview date: Thursday 19 January 2023
Scripture Union Scotland is an equitable employer and operates a safeguarding policy. Scottish Charity No. SC01122