Since 1981, Alzheimer Scotland has been campaigning for the rights and promoting the physical, mental and emotional well-being of people living with dementia, their families and carers.
The Community Connexions Senior Practitioner will provide short term support and therapeutic interventions to enable people living with dementia to build and maintain independence, and be able to access resources within the community to meet their individual outcomes.
This role will:
• Support individuals to identify personal outcomes to maximise independence;
• Assist individuals to access resources, activities, groups and other community activities in line with identified outcomes;
• Provide information, advice and support in accessing digital/assistive technology to help build and maximise independence;
• Carry a caseload and will work with individuals mainly on a one to one basis.
• Ensure that individuals will have their outcomes met in the most appropriate way, and after a period of short term intervention will signpost or refer individuals to other appropriate settings if required
The successful candidate will:
• Be flexible, self-motivated and dynamic with excellent communication and influencing skills, and ability to work effectively without close supervision;
• Be qualified or working towards a qualification in health and/or social care, or community development, or equivalent;
• Have a proven track record of experience in each of the above elements of the role;
• Be committed to collaborative working and learning from others;
• Be experienced and show a good understanding of best practice in leading the provision of therapeutic interventions for people living with dementia, their families and carers.
The successful candidate for this post will be subject to a criminal check through Disclosure Scotland.
This role will be based within Kirkcaldy Brain Health and Dementia Resource Centre but will require some travel throughout Fife. A driving licence and access to a car during working hours is essential.
Why Should You Apply?
This is an exciting opportunity if you love supporting people to make a difference in their lives. The role enables you to bring your expertise and your network together to provide practical support that will enable people living with dementia to meet their individual outcomes.
For a full job description, please click apply where you will be redirected to our website to fill out an online application form. Applicants must complete the form on our website to be considered for this role. CV applications will not be considered.
Closing date – Wednesday 7 December 2022
Interview date – Wednesday 14 December 2022