We’re on a journey to create fairer communities by facilitating 10 million social entrepreneurs globally by 2030. Do you want to help make this a reality?
We are looking for a customer-focused, friendly, helpful and well-organised Programme Coordinator to support us in delivering learning programmes throughout Scotland and the rest of the UK.
Your role will be to support the Adult Delivery team by liaising with learners, clients, venues, Associate Facilitators and guest speakers to make the arrangements for programmes.
You will be a key point of contact for learners and for general enquiries and will be responsible for keeping our learner and programme information up to date and accurate. You will work collaboratively with our Programme Manager, Senior Programme Officer and Programme Officers to coordinate learning programmes from start to finish and will contribute to the achievement of annual team-based targets.
We are looking for someone who wants to work with vibrant, entrepreneurial and dedicated people and colleagues and with a good value-fit with our organisation.
Having the right mindset, attitude and approach is as important for us as having the right experience and skills. We appreciate that the best person might not have all the listed criteria yet so if you feel your experience, skills and attitude will help you to make a great contribution in this role and you have the right mindset, we would welcome an application from you.
To support the effective delivery and maximise the impact of the Academy’s Adult learning programmes and the ongoing sustainability of the Academy.
• To provide effective administrative support to the Programme Manager, Senior Programme Officer, Programme Officers and Programme Manager, Associate Facilitators and the Technical Support team to ensure high-quality programme delivery, accreditation and monitoring and evaluation across the UK.
• As the learners' primary Academy touch point, to provide excellent customer care throughout the learner experience.
Customer Service and Signposting
• To be the main point of contact for learners in ensuring a well-administered learning journey
• To establish strong working relationships and provide outstanding customer service to Associate Facilitators, Technical Support colleagues and, where relevant, to delivery partners across the UK– ensuring good communications, providing guidance, sharing best practice, and signposting to additional support.
• To support the Adult Delivery team across a range of administrative tasks relating to day-to-day programme delivery from contract inception to final reporting.
• To appropriately plan, coordinate and make contractual and logistical arrangements for all delivery partners.
• Responsible for gathering and collating evaluation data and case study information to evidence impact and for monitoring progress towards performance indicators.
• Responsible for effective implementation of learner management systems and processes.
Promotion and awareness raising
• To support colleagues to maximise awareness of/recruitment to learning programmes and raise general awareness of the Academy.
For a full set of criteria and information on how to apply please download the recruitment pack from our website.
At the Social Enterprise Academy, we believe social entrepreneurs play an essential role in changing the world.
We strengthen their role in local communities through transformational learning programmes that will increase their community impact.
Our programmes are accredited, responsive to learner needs, and are delivered by experienced facilitators who are social change leaders themselves.
Since 2004, we have delivered over 1,900 learning programmes to 28,000+ learners in over 30 countries. We have also engaged over 55,000 young people around the world, using social enterprise as a tool to help them reach their full potential and create positive change in their communities.
• Complete the application form and the equality and diversity monitoring form (downloadable from our website)
• Send your application form and equality and diversity monitoring form in Word document format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am, Monday, 02 October 2023
• Please note that interviews will take place at our Edinburgh office on 11 October 2023
More information available at: socialenterprise.academy/scot/join-the-team
If you have any questions or if you would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments for the application or interview process e.g. application form in a different format or extra interview time please get in touch: Lanagh Taylor | 0131 243 2670| email@example.com